Fire wood bundle measuring

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
5:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been kicking the idea with my boy to maybe put a firewood stand out. I am thinking of maybe plastic wraping bundles and am trying to figure out if ther is a certain size for bunding. He has sold a few already but is using a recycle bin which is way too much for 5 dollars. I cut my fire wood about 14 inch long. So how big of a jig would i need for a propper bundle size. 2 feet by 2 feet or is that still too big?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2x2 sounds way too large for how it is sold around here. Understand it's only 14 inches long, but if it was 16" you would be selling it for $40 a face. Most around here is $65-75 a face.

motoOzarks

motoMonster
Local time
4:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When I was in school I worked for a guy who made his own firewood bundler and sold to gas stations.
It was like a engine stand. Load up with wood and then an arm with a roll of plastic on it rotated around and held it together. Go around a couple times, insert card with price etc. on it. Around a couple more times.
Stretch the plastic tight and held strong. Worked good.
One year he cleared a bunch of hedge trees. Green hedge sparks and pops like a .22.
He got a few complaints on that.
No expense other than the rolls of plastic, no containers to keep track of, kept the wood dry and clean for people to set in their vehicle.