feeding fuel line through plastic hole

r7000

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the fuel line going to the stone filter in the tank, on a poulan pp4218avx, how in the world does one feed fuel line through the ~3mm hole in the plastic to get the line into the tank? existing fuel line measures about 3.5mm in outside diameter, the line rotted away where it connected to the zinc filter thing in the tank. is there a special tool or do i need asian fingers? need help before I enlarge the hole to 9mm.

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the line provides a seal to the tank so gas and vapors do not escape, I have been known to use a locking medical forceps (think curved end skinny needle nose pliers that lock with serrations) to pull or push it through after using silicon on the hose to make it slippery.

Sometimes you need to stretch it on both ends (nerve racking if it is NOS and no longer available) until the diameter decreases and then pull it though.

The above is for rubber hose, clear/yellow nylon hose you can not stretch that way.

If it is just a routing hole, that does not seal anything, I drill the hole out, and make sure the edges and backside are smooth so it does not cut the hose.

I was surprised, at my local Sears parts store, I found an array of hoses and filters that could be adapted to anything. I keep a couple of spare filters and hoses to adapt to fix smaller equipment.