Farmertec ms200t

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had this clone 200t I put together almost two years ago it started acting up, air leak symptoms.
I found a cracked fuel hose so I changed that.
20220511_115959.jpg

But it was still acting like it was sucking air, I found I would kill it spraying break cleaner under the flywheel.
So I tore it down today, the seal on the flywheel side was too far in , my fault. Was rubbing against the bearing.
I noticed a significant play in the crank bearings just not sure if it is a problem or not it has these rollerbearings without inner races.
I filmed but did not upload to youtube yet...

Anyone with experience of these saws know if some play is ok or not?
Its a good saw, when it runs...

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had this clone 200t I put together almost two years ago it started acting up, air leak symptoms.
I found a cracked fuel hose so I changed that.
View attachment 349537

But it was still acting like it was sucking air, I found I would kill it spraying break cleaner under the flywheel.
So I tore it down today, the seal on the flywheel side was too far in , my fault. Was rubbing against the bearing.
I noticed a significant play in the crank bearings just not sure if it is a problem or not it has these rollerbearings without inner races.
I filmed but did not upload to youtube yet...

Anyone with experience of these saws know if some play is ok or not?
Its a good saw, when it runs...

Ya... Pretty sure they're not supposed to have any play in the bearings. I'd split the case and inspect the crankshaft for wear and replace with oem stihl bearings. I'd imagine the China bearings are not the greatest for a tiny, powerful saw that spins lots of r's. I went through my buddy's 200t and at very low hours it had crank seal issues and toasted the top end. Bearings still looked good surprisingly. I think stihl changed the seal design. If I remember correctly the new replacement seals were slightly different. Ive been wanting to build one of the China 200t's I just don't have much use for a arborist saw.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried repairing some 200t's for a fella on the cheap back some years, one being a crank and two more with new bearings and seals. They all lasted about three weeks in service with the bearings out the exception was the one I replaced the crankshaft with a farmertec unit, it had failed(wasn't hardened with heat treatment). I never bothered with these parts again and came to the deduction that if its worth rebuilding use OEM parts, if not replace with a new saw(201c).
I would suggest in this instance, call it a learning experience and get yourself into a real genuine pro saw.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mean... If you get a couple years out of a farmertec saw that's not really a losing proposition. My buddy's stihl 200t he bought new cost him $900 and didn't last two years (barely had any time on it) lol. I did a small tree job with my ft 660 and my revived 034 and made back my investment and then some. If my China stihl blows up tomorrow I'll just spend $20-$40 on parts and rebuild it.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
4:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can say, I had some China 200t bearings fail on the pto side in a very short time. I replaced them with oem.

the seals were good, but when i was cutting I could hear a clicking sound. Which was the chain pulling the crank and that little lobe opposite the magnets on the flywheel hitting the coil :rolleyes:.
This was confirmed while on tickover and the chain pulled tight, as well as marks on the coil.

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im thinking I should split the cases and have a look at the crank.
Hard to believe it would wear that fast I only have 4-5 tanks though it I hardly use it, just built it for fun.
But if the cranks are that soft who knows.

Are oem cranks still available?

KingCobra98

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you still buy OEM parts?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im thinking I should split the cases and have a look at the crank.
Hard to believe it would wear that fast I only have 4-5 tanks though it I hardly use it, just built it for fun.
But if the cranks are that soft who knows.

Are oem cranks still available?

Can you still buy OEM parts?

in the uk you can still get parts, I know they are more expensive than the USA, the cranks are out of stock & on back order
You can see, I put the part # in for the crank here.

Attachments

• 041349D9-C85B-4C84-AC32-6681B8E3BB20.png
    041349D9-C85B-4C84-AC32-6681B8E3BB20.png
    465 KB · Views: 9

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like they have them here, diyspares. I know it dot help you, but it’s good to know parts are available
BB16E100-9AC4-4DFF-B195-F1FE1992ACF1.png

Last edited:

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, will tear it down this weekend hopefully, can take a few measurements then.

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tore it down and the crank is good.

20221015_034915.jpg

Tried the now oem INA bearings and they are tighter so thats something.
Found a crack in the impulse line so I will order a oem, new seals and a case gasket.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 351451

Found a crack in the impulse line so I will order a oem, new seals and a case gasket.

Interested to see how long it lasts with the oem bearings. Maybe in a couple of years you might have some time on it. HAHA. How does the rod bearing look? I had a 192t that was playing with me. Vacuum tested good. Pressure test not so much. Thought it was the intake boot. Nope. Crank seal? Nope. Well the flywheel is now off so I can see the impulse line... Damnit... Split on the backside. That sucker has to be the exact correct length too and have the little spring doohickie or else you get it all together and realize it's pinched.

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will die from neglect, I hardly look at the thing. :oops:
The rod feels tight.
Was a mark above the exhaust port, something must have gotten between the plating and piston. Just gave the piston a light sanding...

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The inside of the cases have that crappy paint in there? That stuff can flake off and score up a cylinder. I totally clean that crap out of the crankcase.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 351451

Good to see something get more betterer. :)