kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cant find any threads on this model and the videos online for adjusting the high jet dont reflect what i have.
I pulled the plug and its white after 30 minutes of use, i want to richen the high jet but i cant see a way to do it. I got the unit last week but i dont want to burn it out running it so lean.

Videos and pictures online talk about a brass plug or a plastic plug covering the jet screw. I seem to have neither. There is what looks like a small silver shaft in the hole surrounded by some kind of plastic or wax clear in color. After removing the wax the shaft does not seem to have any kind of splines on it or shape that matches up with the screw drivers i have.
The single D mini and the mini pac man will fit but will not turn the screw.

is this screw a plug of some sort??? What gives?
Here are some pictures of what i have, i really am at a loss on this one.

thank you for your help!!

Attachments

• 3ACC6D13-CF33-4A2C-A202-9A6093952CEB.jpeg
    3ACC6D13-CF33-4A2C-A202-9A6093952CEB.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 3EFEFE9E-2470-4684-AF28-5A1DC174D26C.jpeg
    3EFEFE9E-2470-4684-AF28-5A1DC174D26C.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 20
  • 6AC85566-A582-4AC1-A49C-E0E26044AB95.jpeg
    6AC85566-A582-4AC1-A49C-E0E26044AB95.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 18

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s going to be sluggish until you breaks it in. I’ve had most my commercial contracts guy switch to echo . After they break in there in par with a fs91 on top end

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Return to the dealer and have them adjust it for you under warranty.

Al
I was thinking this. Im gonna talk to them today.
I would like to adjust it myself, but if this is the only way its better than nothing.

i adjusted the low and it has pretty good throttle response now. Im quite happy with this unit so far

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I fully under stand you wanting to make th eadjustments your self. But as long as it is under warranty I would take it to the dealer and discribe the colar of the plug.

Personally my self unless you were in a rush to get out the door with your new tool the dealer I feel didn't deal with you right.

My dealer would have had the tool fueled up started and ran, check for any loose pieces and tuned the carb before it went out the door.

Al

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am going to be honest and fess up to the fact that i ordered it in refusing the 30$ setup fee... i always tune my own equipment cause i have had some really bad experiences letting particular dealers “tune”
Unfortunately that left me with trust issues and figuring i had a bag of chinese tuning drivers for everything i didnt need them doing it.

I also dug out the poxy from the high jet screw so i am thinking they will see that and say F u, no warranty lol. Its also possible in me thinking i know best in which i clearly did not, i wrecked the high speed jet.

Anyways I have not had time to Bring it by, and only my time is gone if i do. So if they are open on canada day tomorrow ill be bringing it And see what the verdict is.
When i find out, even if it makes me look bad on a public forum i will post the results :) maybe someone else will learn from this.

i did click that link and check the FSM on the 26cc model and the carb bullitins . I appreciate that info even though i couldnt figure it out.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Epoxy in the high speed jet is new to me. 30.00 set up fee is bs

Ive never heard of a place around here that does that. I mean isn't that the who point of buying from a dealer vs a box store?

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My regular place charges 5$ for setup. I had them do it once heres what I heard from the counter

guy pull starts the saw, revved the piss out of it, done.

lol when i got it they didnt even touch the low jet. that was one of the bad experiences i was telling you guys about.
up here in canada things are different.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Epoxy in the high speed jet is new to me. 30.00 set up fee is bs
Yes it seemed to be a pin of steel in the center surrounded by wax or clear poxy of some sort... maybe that was the mini D shaft?
They are closed today (canada day)but ill post the results when it happens

Mike C.

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dealer would have had the tool fueled up started and ran, check for any loose pieces and tuned the carb before it went out the door.

Al

That's exactly what my dealer did when I bought my Echo 2620T a few weeks ago.I'm glad he did because when he started it,it sounded like warmed-over chit.Top-end is bit rich,but it runs and starts excellent and has all kinds of power.