High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo EG2300 Generator

port1

New OPE Member
Local time
7:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm "restoring" a mint condition Echo EG2300 four cycle generator with a Mikuni Corp. carburetor. I can't locate all the parts for the carb, because the generator is over 25 years old. If it wasn't in near perfect condition I wouldn't bother, but this one is work fixing. I cleaned the carb, but I still need a float and needle valve, and a bowl gasket. Most parts are obsolete. I did locate carb gaskets.
The generator starts up, runs for about ten seconds, then stalls. It does start right up after two pulls right after that. I will be replacing the "low oil" sending unit as soon as it arrives from Ebay. Othewise, I'm baffled as to why it won't continue to run. I'll take the carb apart again. Any advice on where I can locate Mikuni carb parts?
The Echo part number itself is Y16077056010 and there are no other markings on the carb, other than Mikuni Corp. I've tried all the online replacement parts sites and have found some parts, but not for the carb itself. I've even contacted many carburetor repair sites and most have encouraged me to keep trying and not surrender, but I've had no luck. Seems like any Mikuni parts are for motorcycles, Sea Doo jet skis, etc. I'm stuck. Any ideas?

miller755

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm "restoring" a mint condition Echo EG2300 four cycle generator with a Mikuni Corp. carburetor. I can't locate all the parts for the carb, because the generator is over 25 years old. If it wasn't in near perfect condition I wouldn't bother, but this one is work fixing. I cleaned the carb, but I still need a float and needle valve, and a bowl gasket. Most parts are obsolete. I did locate carb gaskets.
The generator starts up, runs for about ten seconds, then stalls. It does start right up after two pulls right after that. I will be replacing the "low oil" sending unit as soon as it arrives from Ebay. Othewise, I'm baffled as to why it won't continue to run. I'll take the carb apart again. Any advice on where I can locate Mikuni carb parts?
The Echo part number itself is Y16077056010 and there are no other markings on the carb, other than Mikuni Corp. I've tried all the online replacement parts sites and have found some parts, but not for the carb itself. I've even contacted many carburetor repair sites and most have encouraged me to keep trying and not surrender, but I've had no luck. Seems like any Mikuni parts are for motorcycles, Sea Doo jet skis, etc. I'm stuck. Any ideas?
Generally low oil shutoffs, perform the same function as the off switch and ground the coil, just disconnect the wire to the oil switch and see if that fixes it. I doubt it is the issue from your symptoms.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you know if the 4 stroke engine is actually made by Echo? Good chance it is actually made by Kawasaki. Any numbers or info on the engine itself?

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Post a couple pics of the carb. Being a genny probably no need for idle so other carbs may fit if the choke and throttle linkage matches up

port1

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of the carb when I first started the restoration, before I cleaned it up:
Echo Carb_1.jpg IMG_1021.jpg Echo Carb_4_Mikuni Corp.jpg IMG_1024.jpg

port1

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Do you know if the 4 stroke engine is actually made by Echo? Good chance it is actually made by Kawasaki. Any numbers or info on the engine itself?
The only markings I found on the engine itself are these numbers: GE50-03261
Also this info:
  • Engine Model GE50DGY
  • 192cc displacement
  • 11.6 cu. in. displacement
  • engine type = 4 cycle, air cooled
  • engine speed = 3600 rpm