High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo CS-7310 carb limiters

WoodShed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I picked up the new Echo and have been putting some fuel through it. So far I like it and it’s running pretty decent stock but a tad lean in this cold weather. Problem is I’m against the H and L limiters and can’t figure out how to get them out. They aren’t the simple plastic caps, but some metal stop under the half circle adjustment screws.

I actually broke the head off of the H trying to force it.:( So anyone have any pointers to remove these things? :nusenuse:

Homelite750

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need a limiter cap removal tool from echo. Part number is 91157 I believe. I think it’s the same tool for the cs 4510.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate carb setscrew limiters and always have. If I ever buy a replacement carb for a chain saw, I look for one that does not have them. Some do and some don't. Some cannot even be defeated.:(

WoodShed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I hate carb setscrew limiters and always have. If I ever buy a replacement carb for a chain saw, I look for one that does not have them. Some do and some don't. Some cannot even be defeated.:(

Same here. I just want to be able to tune it right

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe if you carefully apply a thin coating of super glue to something of the same diameter, possibly a husqvarna carb adjust tool, and glue it to the cap, you might pull it out. I've read where someone ground and bent a screw driver into a little pick to pick them out.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The caps on the 7310 are totally different than what you guys are used to. The best way to remove them is to align them so they clear the needles and and pull both of the limiters out at the same time with a pair of needle-nose pliers. If you look in there you'll see what I'm talking about.

1.5hp

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
can you turn the needles with one of those "D" shaped drivers after you pull the limiters?

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
None of the drivers will fit, you have to use a screwdriver.

WoodShed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the replies. I defeated the limiters....mostly!

I ordered the echo tool, but after the ice/snow storm we had I had to try Andy’s needle nose method. I think where I broke the H needle off had it jammed. So the the next option was to cut about 1/2” off the carb block to get to the limiters. I pulled them out in pieces with a smile on my face!

The H needle will need replaced as I broke the end off where a screwdriver will fit and I don’t have anything that will accept the half circle...D doesn’t work at all. I was able to tune it decently with a pair of needle nose pliers better than it was for now.
:beer-toast1:

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This may not have helped, but I saw somewhere on ebay that you can buy a set of screwdrivers that yank them out. The tips looked alot like an easy out but where tweaked a little so that they don't hurt the adjustment screw underneath

WoodShed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Im
This may not have helped, but I saw somewhere on ebay that you can buy a set of screwdrivers that yank them out. The tips looked alot like an easy out but where tweaked a little so that they don't hurt the adjustment screw underneath

I’m not sure they would work as the limiters are actually under the adjustment screws.

Thanks for the reaffirmation. I'm really not doing this saw.

I do like running the saw...just feels good for some reason. I have a breathed on cs620 that is faster 20” and under, but for some reason I’m picking up the 7310 more. I guess maybe because it’s new

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok thanks for the replies. I defeated the limiters....mostly!

I ordered the echo tool, but after the ice/snow storm we had I had to try Andy’s needle nose method. I think where I broke the H needle off had it jammed. So the the next option was to cut about 1/2” off the carb block to get to the limiters. I pulled them out in pieces with a smile on my face!

The H needle will need replaced as I broke the end off where a screwdriver will fit and I don’t have anything that will accept the half circle...D doesn’t work at all. I was able to tune it decently with a pair of needle nose pliers better than it was for now.
:beer-toast1:
Well that sux! Yeah the limiter needs to be lined up so it doesn't catch, not the easiest limiters to delete. I've cut a slot in the end of a needles before with a small cutoff disc in a rotary tool, if you do it right you won't need to replace the needle. The problem is these are already cut in half so not much meat to work with, I've even though about curing that part off and sliding the needle.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you post some pics? I'm interested in the 7310 as well. Might bite the bullet if time is right.