DOLMAR/MAKITA DOLMAR PS-7900. I'm new to Dolmar

DolmarJim

New OPE Member
Local time
4:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.
I love my saws and so did my brother inlaw who passed away to soon.
I recently inherited a unused DOLMAR PS-7900. It had gas in the tank when I found it and I didn't try to start it. took it to my small engine mechanic who emptied gas and checked it out. Carb and filters were clean and like new. added new gas and fires up right away. I have no bar or chain but can get if I want. I already have a Husquvarna and a stihl. From what I can gather this is a very nice saw. trying to decide what to do with it. Sell and keep other saws or keep and sell another saw. Any ideas of what I can get for it? I saw one on EBAY for around $900. Any help at all would be appreciated. I think the Model # is: 0905293441 which I think shows it to be a 2009 made in May. I could be wrong. I have pics I will try to upload. Thanks for any help or info I can get. I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kurt
Jackson, WI

Attachments

• Dolmar1.jpg
    Dolmar1.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Dolmar2.jpg
    Dolmar2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Dolmar3.jpg
    Dolmar3.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Dolmar4.jpg
    Dolmar4.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 94

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.
I love my saws and so did my brother inlaw who passed away to soon.
I recently inherited a unused DOLMAR PS-7900. It had gas in the tank when I found it and I didn't try to start it. took it to my small engine mechanic who emptied gas and checked it out. Carb and filters were clean and like new. added new gas and fires up right away. I have no bar or chain but can get if I want. I already have a Husquvarna and a stihl. From what I can gather this is a very nice saw. trying to decide what to do with it. Sell and keep other saws or keep and sell another saw. Any ideas of what I can get for it? I saw one on EBAY for around $900. Any help at all would be appreciated. I think the Model # is: 0905293441 which I think shows it to be a 2009 made in May. I could be wrong. I have pics I will try to upload. Thanks for any help or info I can get. I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kurt
Jackson, WI
Definitely run it first before you commit to selling. You might find that either your Stihl or Husky get sold, or both, or you simply add it to the collection. They're very nice saws, and depending on you needs, can cover a lot of territory (powerhead wise) with a 20" and 28" bar, or 24" and 32". What models are your other two saws, and what sort of cutting do you do?

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You didn't say "what " husky and Stihl saws you had ...but the husky bars should work for the Dolmar (large mounts) and we don't know if there is size overlap...but there are very few saws that a 7900 doesn't out perform power/weight wise.
Also I agree with Dave ...no chance would I sell my brothers saw.

Last edited:

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It goes a bit slower, but lasts longer in Hedge and Oak. It doesn't bore near as well, and doesn't roll into the cut (at an off angle) as well, but once you're used to it, it's no factor. It also doesn't seem to "feel" as sharp as chisel, when freshly sharpened, but it's the different geometry of the working corner I believe.

Last edited:

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I bet you’d only get $75-85, just being the gentleman that I am, I’d offer $200. Just kidding, at least the gentleman part. Run it! Keep it and sell an other saw, but I’m crazy about letting stuff go like this. Cheers j

FederalQ

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah, so who has a 7900 or 7910 they’d like to part with? A full wrap would be +.