High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

WoodsliverDan

Mechanical Beaver Builder
Local time
3:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've got an idea to help the 7900 saws get a bit more oil on the chain, or at least make the adjuster screw last a little longer. Most have seen @jar944 oiler screw he turned out of 6160, but I realize that it is out of many people's resources. So, I plan to remove the end nub off of the plastic adjuster screw (this is what controls flow) and drill a small hole in the end to epoxy a small wire or weld rod in its place. This way I can make the end nub a bit longer and more than likely, more durable. Of course, filing the gear shaft end to a steeper angle as well. Tell me your thoughts..

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dan, that sounds like a good plan, do you think the epoxy will be strong enough? Press fit for no wobble?? Wobble would be the killer I believe.

WoodsliverDan

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I agree with you on that. The hole would need to be snug for sure. I had though about melting it into place as well.. heat wire and stick in undersized hole maybe.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think your right in your thinking.... it will only take one try and you will have it figured out I’m sure. In my mind it would be good to know the pressure exerted on it. It may be less than one realizes. A deep set would sure help sabalize the nub and if tight there would be no wobble and downward pressure would also hold it in!!

WoodsliverDan

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Poleman , I know you have played with the oiler. How much increase are you getting with the shaft gear end filed steeper? I run a 28 often and it oils very little, it seems.

I would also like to put a hose barb on the output port on the pump. That flange seems iffy for sealing and I think that's the source of a lot of oil leaking from my saws.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine easily oil a 32 to where it's visibly wet from oil. The thing I see on these saws are their inconsistency s.......one saw oil great the other is lean.......stock and modded. Modding them sure helps.
On the modded ones I can run the oil out before the fuel.

WoodsliverDan

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with the inconsistency between them.. my 2006 year 7900 is a weak oiler. This is the candidate for my oiler ideas..

Bbintwn

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a question I’ve been dying to ask about oiling a bar. How much oil does it actually need to work properly? Are we over thinking the oiling thing because we think it needs more because older saws seemed to oil more than newer ones. Legitimate question here not trolling

WoodsliverDan

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Probably not enough if you're getting excessive heat. I just know my chain with a 28 is never wet unless I piss rev it like 5 or 6 times times outside of the cut.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you cut with a saw with a marginal oiler, the chain will have burned oil and wood residue all over it. On top of the cutter and on the sides of the chain. Usually a chain with enough oil on it keeps it cool and washed off to where the cutters and rivets are still shiny. The 28 on my dolmar before I changed the oil pump control bolt looked like the first scenario. After I changed it, it puts out easily twice the amount of oil and now the chain is shiny after five tanks

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Have a 28" 050 total by sugi with the large angled slot in D009 mount. The bar should be ok. They are all very sad with the small bar hole, remember that first. Both saws are 6401. Do they have different pump housing or drive gear part numbers vs newer xx21 models? :nusenuse: