High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Dolmar 7900 blew up, looking for someone to port/mod it..

B&BLogging

Upside down logger
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So I recently purchased a 7900, new, and go figure it blew up. I know there is someone on this site who builds dolmars so I'm looking to get in touch with them and see if I could send out my saw, get it repaired and ported/modded. Get in touch with me and I'll provide all the info you need.
Thanks

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There are several MASTERMIND WORKSAWS and MILLER MOD SAWS are good with dolmars
i can personally recommend mastermind worksaws excellent to deal with great guy. and miller mod saws seems like a great guy to deal with too both are familiar with dolmar saws and the 7900 model and can make them really run check them out

Last edited:

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both of the above are great guys to deal with. If you want someone more local you can call Scott or Steve at Cutting Edge in Greenwich NY. They will probably know the local players near you, and Cutting Edge is also a Dolmar Dealership.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Either one of the above are great guys to deal with. I purchased a 390 from Carl Miller and it is a great running saw. Purchased ignition modules from Randy Evans and he ships at the speed of light. From experience I know Mr. Miller wants you to be pleased with his work. I have seen a few of Mr. Evans' 562's at my local Husqvarna dealer, ran one and I want one! Just have to get in line. PM either of them and I am sure you will be happy with your saw.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where in CT are you? You bought it new, no warranty? I would be nice to at least get a new top end and see why it failed from the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I'm here and will help ya in anyway I can. But i would be interested to know the story. Cause I have several of them logging and the only issue I've had to date is a carb issue. Fill us in on some details buddy!
Carl if it's new would you be able to warranty it for him?

B&BLogging

Upside down logger
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Clutch side crank bearing went. Saw didn't completely blow up, it still ran just very rough with a lot of vibration. I caught it just in time so end result was minimal damage. Piston has some scoring but cylinder is clean. The bearing did not actually fall apart, kinda weird and hard to explain online. It has a lot of free play causing everything else to have excessive movement, but surprisingly the bearing is tight in the case. I ordered all the parts I need and I'm gonna rebuild it myself. I would like to buy a ported 2172 though.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chainsaw Jim, I haven't seen JMSSAWS do a 7900 yet, and I haven't done one... haven't seen Doc Al do one either, so no worries...not quite everyone has a vid. :)

B&B ...where in CT are you? I'm in Farmington