High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Does anyone remember a lawnmower called a Moto-Whiz?

Freddy1958

New OPE Member
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When I was very young, the lawnmower we had was old but also my favorite. It was painted Cobalt Blue color with yellow 10 inch wheels and handlebars. The brand was painted into the front, best I can recall it was 'Moto-Whiz. It had a Clinton engine on it, probably 2-3 HP. It had the rope-wrap pulley atop to start it. Once started, we hung the starter rope on the handlebars. It had a throttle control on the handlebars. It had a tall deck to compensate for the larger wheels. The grass discharge was in the rear-at your feet! The front of the deck was held on by three wing nuts, which could be taken off to cut extra tall grass. It was dangerous to use that way but it was effective for cutting down tall grass. For regular grass cutting it was the easiest to push due to its large wheels. We ran this mower until it had no more compression and it burned oil badly. I believe this lawnmower was made in the early 1950s.
I have searched over the Internet for a photo of this lawnmower, perhaps someone has an identical one they would like to sell. So I am asking if you don't have one to sell do you have a photo of this lawnmower for memories sake?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
12:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember old Whiz-Mow mowers back in the 70’s as a kid, but the only colors I remember were a red one and a green one. I think they were mfg’d from the 50’s through the 70’s. May not even be the same animal you’re looking for though.