High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Dinasaw cyclone ABN wheels

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Does anyone use the cyclone ABN wheels from baileys? Just wanted to weigh up options before I pull the trigger.

I'd have to make an arbor for the USG fitment but that shouldn't be a problem

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I always wondered about them, just wanted to try out the cyclone for the cooling properties with them having an interrupted cut. However I'm not sure it justifies the price!

Do you use these on a Stihl grinder or another? I'm curious to see how they measure up to a Stihl grey regular wheel

Gunn

Yay sawz
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do they really offer an uninterrupted cut? I find that hard to believe you can just plow into the cutter regardless or cooling cut outs?

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Do they really offer an uninterrupted cut? I find that hard to believe you can just plow into the cutter regardless or cooling cut outs?
From what I've read on Arborshite it does seem like that, however I think it'd still be better to "nibble" at the cutter rather than plough straight in I agree.

I'm struggling to justify the cost of them though

Matt

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I always wondered about them, just wanted to try out the cyclone for the cooling properties with them having an interrupted cut. However I'm not sure it justifies the price!

Do you use these on a Stihl grinder or another? I'm curious to see how they measure up to a Stihl grey regular wheel

I use a Timber Tuff, it has been a good grinder. I am ready to upgrade to something better just not sure what i want. I am looking at the Oregon 520 or the Maxx. I thought i would keep my Timber Tuff for doing rakers.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Whilst I may be slightly biased, I'd highly recommend the Stihl USG if you can afford it.

It's unbelievably well built, proper solid construction and a dream to use, plus the grey wheels that come with it are better than just about any other stone wheel I've come across

Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
6:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought i would keep my Timber Tuff for doing rakers.
Would that be a flat grind, still requiring a file to radius the leading edge when needed?

Matt

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Would that be a flat grind, still requiring a file to radius the leading edge when needed?
Flat grind. I don't get too crazy when i sharpen chains. I charge $5 per chain and try to get them done ASAP to make $$. I don't have any complaints from people so i must be doing something correct.

blackjack99574

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have used my abn 3/8 wheel for 10 years now and done hundreds of chains. Great buy and will last a lifetime. I think I'm going to get one for 325 chain also if I start running it on my 260.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whilst I may be slightly biased, I'd highly recommend the Stihl USG if you can afford it.

It's unbelievably well built, proper solid construction and a dream to use, plus the grey wheels that come with it are better than just about any other stone wheel I've come across
Hey did you ever get a cyclone wheel....I got me a usg, it is a badass machine

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey did you ever get a cyclone wheel....I got me a usg, it is a badass machine

Never actually got round to it but I do need a diamond type wheel, so possibly going with the cyclone. Do you find your USG cuts near side cutters a little shorter than far side cutters?

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never actually got round to it but I do need a diamond type wheel, so possibly going with the cyclone. Do you find your USG cuts near side cutters a little shorter than far side cutters?
Get a wheel from diamond wheel brand, half the price and just as good...

I always double my chain over and check the cutter length, I never depend on the machine to grind both sides equall...

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Get a wheel from diamond wheel brand, half the price and just as good...

I always double my chain over and check the cutter length, I never depend on the machine to grind both sides equall...

I do the same, near finished my second Stihl gray wheel now so I think it's time!

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do the same, near finished my second Stihl gray wheel now so I think it's time!
Stihl stone wheels are good, you will love the CBN wheel I promise you that...you will never think about price after the first chain you use it on!!

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stihl stone wheels are good, you will love the CBN wheel I promise you that...you will never think about price after the first chain you use it on!!

I just wish they were available in the UK! The weak pound is really hurting my pockets

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just wish they were available in the UK! The weak pound is really hurting my pockets
That sucks....you can get wheels in eBay too...

I know when I was about to click "buy" and pay $100 for a damn wheel I thought I was goin crazy....now some months later, I can see how it will actually save money since I won't be buying stone wheels.....

I will probably buy a CBN wheel from diamond wheen inc for the usg too....I have a CBN that came with the usg, but it's for .325 and like-pro chain....

Last edited:

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've just picked up an old efco jolly grinder too with a reversible switch, don't know which one to use for 3/8 and .404 and which to use for .325 and lo pro, guess I'll have to spend some time on it and see which I prefer before pulling the trigger on wheels

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would use the usg on 3/8 and up....

Try the reversible switch and let everyone know if it makes a different while cutting...

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would use the usg on 3/8 and up....

Try the reversible switch and let everyone know if it makes a different while cutting...

I'll give it some use when it arrives and see what happens!