High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Dewalts new series of trans batteries/power tools. Moral panic time?

Michigan Escapee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know the issue of tranny bathroom rights certainly has people freaking out, but what about power tools? :firedevil:

6 Amp Hours at 20 Volts(unloaded, 18 loaded) or 2 Amp Hours at 60 Volts. Certainly the charging hardware has always broken down the banks of cells into smaller groups since the NiCad days, so it's not exactly a big jump of an idea to go from 3 parallel cells stacks to a serial cell stack.

And then from there, you can double up the cell packs, and be close enough to 120 volts to take advantage of a lot of off the shelf motors already in stock.

For those not familiar with these tools, a video link gives the basics.

But, while there's always going to be a "me too" parade, what about other abominations? ;)

Certainly the brush-less motor tools already uses onboard inverters, vfds, etc., so it wouldn't be too horribly big of a jump to go to the next level, 3 cell banks, across three inverters, 180 degrees out of phase, for 3 phase cordless tools. Bringing you right up into the "hurt me plenty" torque range, just in case you need an impact driver that can develop say, 2000-3000 foot pounds. (Ingersol Rand already has a cordless that gets up around 1100 foot pounds)

So what say ye? Are people going to jump onto the tranny battery pack bus? Or wait to see how many people BBQ themselves for a couple of years first? lol!

Last edited: