High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Deer seasons have ended, Coyote hunting time.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When deer season is over and we have access to many farms here in Michigan where we hunt coyotes.
Gaining acess to hunt coyotes is normally easy.

Once at the farm and the truck doors are shut there is no talking. We use our own signs and signals to commutate here in with each other.

We all have a bit of masonary line frayed at the end hanging from our rifle slings to detect wind and direction, pay attention to it as wind swirles in many areas. Attention to sling swivels so they do not squeak or rattle.

Snow less than 6 inches just hoof it to the set no problem, snow over 6 inches and we have a 400 or more yard hike we use skis, real cross crounty ones we have made from the wider down hill skis with home made bindings. Works up to about 18 to 24 inches depending on the snow wet or dry fluffy stuff.
Over 24 inches we go to snow shoes, I like the narrow longer ones my self.

Carry gear in a back pack but keep the weight down so only things in them are a set of Binocs (mine is 10x50 Minoltas OLD.) I carry a range finder so I can work out ranges to trees rock piles and things so I have an idea how far away the coyote is. A rolled up bit of plastic, we roll the coyotes in it to drag out even on dry ground they drag easier that way. A coil of 1/4 inch rope to tie the plastic off and make a drag harness.
I carry the caller in the back pack a GC 350 by IOC TEC. also the decoy a Weasle ball and a base (oak 2"x12" x12") for frozed ground or deep loose fluffy snow.
A home made seating pad. good for a 30 minutes set on frozen ground.

Also in the pack is my made just for me first aid kit. My friends made it up for me after I had knee surgery and the insission had only been healing about 4 weeks and I got tangled in some thick grass during a ground hog hunt and fall on a big broken tree branch with a stub that opened up the insission and I bled like a stuck hog.

The first aid kit they made for me includes, two maxie pads, half a dozen extra large gauze pads, a dog collar that can wrap around my thigh and be a tourniquet, A roll of duct tape rolled smaller on a dowel to fit in the kit. A spool of dental floss and a couple of straight and a couple of curved neddles so I can stitch my self up if need be.
It is nice to have friends who worry about you.

Shooting sticks, Mine are made like Varmint Al's Bi Fur Pod sticks off his web page varmintal's.com .
You can sit, you can stand you can move them in any direction easy. I have a 1/4 inch chunk of nylon rope so they only spred so far and works as a sling to carry them. No added weight to the rifle.

Good rifle and optics what ever you like and is accrite to at least 300 yards here in Michigan.
My go to rifle is a Rugar 77V medium weight barrel in 220 swift, Hand loadded ammo to 3808 FPS wearing a Simmons 6x18 scope and a home made sun shade that is easy to remove or add.
For windy days I switch to a Remington 700 bdl in 243 hand loaded 85 gr bullets to just a tad over 2800FPS wearing a Bushnell Banner 3x9 BDC scope and home made sun shade.

Key is to pratice with the ammo you have,know where it will hit. pratice the postions you may have to shoot from and if you don't reload pratice with any new ammo you buy to make sure it is the same as the last box.

Every one in the group is pretty much equiped the same way.

Find a fur buyer, is nice to make some Ch Ching while having fun.

:D Al

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
11:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WP_20191226_14_58_18_Rich_LI.jpg WP_20191226_14_53_16_Rich_LI.jpg
Gotta move that group over a little and I'll be ready.

Firewood Bandit

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buddies of mine run hounds for coyotes.

Hounds are different critters, I don't even call them dogs.

In a days race I have seen a pair put on 47 miles according to their tracking collars.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
10:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That time of year again - snow is just starting to stick around a bit here, making for better yote hunting conditions. ‘Spose I’ll get my 22-250 dusted off and get ready to smack a few. From what I’m hearing, prices are way down on coyotes so I’ll probably leave them lay unless they are prime, then I’ll being ‘em home and case ‘em, flesh ‘em, and freeze ‘em to be tanned later.