High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Craftsman 358.351580 Chainsaw Carburetor Leaks

lindylex

OPE Member
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have tried two new carburetors and one rebuilt carburetor with a carb kit on this chainsaw. Once I place fuel in it and press the primer bulb the machine leaks fuel from the carburetor.

I am not sure why this is happening.

It feels like the fuel has to much pressure when leaving the tank.

Last edited:

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No pressure going to carb. Primmer bulb sucks gas from the tank through the carb them expells it back into the tank. Sounds like either a gasket is out of place or lines are backwards.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

lindylex

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No pressure going to carb. Primmer bulb sucks gas from the tank through the carb them expells it back into the tank. Sounds like either a gasket is out of place or lines are backwards.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
It has to much pressure. The fuel lines are correct. The primer bulb only needs one push to build up enough pressure in the system. At least that is what I did differently to keep it from flooding the carburetor.

I can get it to run if I place a 1/2 teaspoon of fuel in the chamber where the spark plug sits with lots of pulling and playing with the choke. If I add fuel to the tank after I get it to run for a little it just floods the engine and fuel comes out of the exhaust.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pressure test the carb. Pressurize the fuel line going into carb. It should open at 7psi and close at 5psi and hold that pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk