High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Convert Jonsered 2145 to rim sprocket

SmithZ28

Tinkerer Apprentice
Local time
4:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I think I originally posted this in the wrong spot but... I am looking to convert a Jonsered 2145 to a rim style clutch drum. It currently runs a .325 spur gear and I bought a Windsor drum with 3/8 sprocket but I see it doesn't fit in the pinion to drive the oil pump. There is a different pinion listen but the ID is not the same size. Maybe I'm missing something but does anyone know the right combo of pinion and clutch drum to convert to a rim sprocket on this saw?

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I originally posted this in the wrong spot but... I am looking to convert a Jonsered 2145 to a rim style clutch drum. It currently runs a .325 spur gear and I bought a Windsor drum with 3/8 sprocket but I see it doesn't fit in the pinion to drive the oil pump. There is a different pinion listen but the ID is not the same size. Maybe I'm missing something but does anyone know the right combo of pinion and clutch drum to convert to a rim sprocket on this saw?

I have been swapping everything out for 455/460 parts. Oil pump, drive & drum.

They oil better and alow you to run a matching oil pump drive to a rim style drum.

Much better setup for the long run.

Steven

SmithZ28

Tinkerer Apprentice
Local time
4:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score

They oil better and alow you to run a matching oil pump drive to a rim style drum.

Steven

So the ID of the 455 pinion is 12.7mm?

Steven

Do you happen to know the ID of the 455/460 oil drive pinion?

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the ID of the 455 pinion is 12.7mm?

Do you happen to know the ID of the 455/460 oil drive pinion?

I do not off hand. Going to be a while before I can check. I have been swapping them out on 345's and 350's for a few years now. They are a smaller dia than the 346 and 353. Is all I remember off the top of my head.

Steven