Lnk

Not Getting Any Rain
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone roasting coffee beans themselves? Been doing it off and on for a few years in a skillet, and the wife just bought me a roaster. I love coffee and was just interested in anyone else here doing it. I have tried an organic bean from Peru, and am now roasting an Ethiopian bean. So far I am liking the Ethiopian better. Just roasting until second crack right now, but will try darker.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone roasting coffee beans themselves? Been doing it off and on for a few years in a skillet, and the wife just bought me a roaster. I love coffee and was just interested in anyone else here doing it. I have tried an organic bean from Peru, and am now roasting an Ethiopian bean. So far I am liking the Ethiopian better. Just roasting until second crack right now, but will try darker.
I tried but sucked at it. Cast iron skillet

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brother was doing it from time to time with a hot air popper. You can add extension cords to increase resistance and lower the temperature on the heating element. Gives you more time and greater control on the crack.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What kind of roaster did you get?

Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Not Getting Any Rain
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What kind of roaster did you get?
Wife ordered it for me. Probably Walmart. It is a cafemasy scr-400. Around $80 I think. Tried to find it quickly online but am not having much luck besides a danish site. Works well, so much easier than a skillet. Beans roast uniformly unlike my skillet, where the variation in bean color was enormous.

Found it.

Last edited: