High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chainsaw cut on a person

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
People make simple mistakes. This was one.
The still moving chain caught his shorts and this is the result. Experienced boss did this.
We all make mistakes some are worse than others throughout life. No real harm done. It's just a scar at this point until it heals completely.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I never understood why one would wear shorts to fill up their boots with sawdust.
Climb in 100+ weather with high humidity and you might wear shorts. I won't do ground work in them but will run a big chainsaw mill in shorts during the heat of summer here.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Climb in 100+ weather with high humidity and you might wear shorts. I won't do ground work in them but will run a big chainsaw mill in shorts during the heat of summer here.
That may be the exception runnin a power saw mill. At least with that you can keep your feet away from the flying chips.

I bucked firewood in my wood pile years back, before ever doing tree work. Just to get the rounds ready for splitting. I never did that again.
I've been climbing and working the grounds for close to 30 yrs. Working in the valleys of NY, hot and humid days ......
I learned my lesson in the wood pile. I'll take that heat with my pants on. Nothing more irritating then boots filled with saw dust.
Well .... second. Virginia creeper is the worst.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. A good reminder that PPE can help even the most experienced operators. Everyone is prone to human error.
Yes, everyone careful. Injuries suck.
Of course death is worse.
Another one....be careful wearing rings. I've seen those injuries whear the ring catches something and the skin gets peeled off kinda like a banana. One guy lost his finger just from adjusting the mirror on a medium duty truck. It was stiff and hard to move. His hand somehow slipped leaving the ring to catch the edge. Damage was so bad they took it off.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That may be the exception runnin a power saw mill. At least with that you can keep your feet away from the flying chips.

I bucked firewood in my wood pile years back, before ever doing tree work. Just to get the rounds ready for splitting. I never did that again.
I've been climbing and working the grounds for close to 30 yrs. Working in the valleys of NY, hot and humid days ......
I learned my lesson in the wood pile. I'll take that heat with my pants on. Nothing more irritating then boots filled with saw dust.
Well .... second. Virginia creeper is the worst.
Sandals tend to shed chips pretty well milling.
I got a 10x10 canopy to.

My boots get cut off sock covers for climbing in shorts. Most times I just skip it when the heat gets intense and humidity all whacked out but a young guy can go all day in the heat. My slow ass not so much.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sandals tend to shed chips pretty well milling.
I got a 10x10 canopy to.
Nice!

My boots get cut off sock covers for climbing in shorts
That's using your head. Cool idea! .....I'll continue to keep my pants on, though.

a young guy can go all day in the heat. My slow ass not so much.
I still do. I'm over the hill but I do what I gotta do. I do slow down though like you say. No races to be won. I'm good with that.