Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
7:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morin all,

I’ve been meaning to ask this question for some time. My 044 that I rebuilt not that long ago has a bit of chain break problem.
That is sometimes when it is engaged, you pull the flag and you can hear it click but it’s still engaged, or it releases the chain momentarily and then engages again.
The other thing I’ve noticed is it engages very easily. I know they are ment to engage if you get kick back, but just reving/blipping the saw a few times , as the nose of the bar comes up it sometimes can engage the break :rolleyes: or while cutting the vibes can engage it

I’m sure it’s a simple fix of a worn part or parts, but if someone could point me in the better direction, other wise I,d be stabbing in the dark. And end up buying alsorts of parts, it would be good to just buy the bit/s and fix it

ive added a pic from the manual for ease of reference, and I have the type of break flag as illustrated as part 1
42A88CA2-AEED-42D9-9DAE-2ADB2762CF63.png
Many thanks

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, I haven’t changed any of the chain break parts, I just cleaned them after putting in new bearings and a piston once it was powder coated.
I wasn’t sure if it was the flag or some of the other parts. I needed a point in the right direction first.. I will have a look at it and order some bits And not a break flag

cheers.
Edit if you read the thread I made, you can see I brought it working, not that it did work And I guess this is another problem that needs ironing out
And I had a youtube account go down so some bits are missing. :mad:
I upped a few other bits to the new account thou:rolleyes:

https://opeforum.com/threads/whats-saw-is-in-the-package-an-ooerr44-arctic.18349/

Last edited:

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
2:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take off the chain and then take off the cover for the brake assembly, snatch a picture and post it please

697A24DF-1B16-478F-88A9-142E34BEFDE1.jpeg

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just noticed when taking the pic. I'm guessing half the probs are the 1121 part In pic 1 ? That’s why I took 2 pics