CFB Saws

Trader history (0)

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
5:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a CFB 044, it was the P&C listed for sale for a while in the trading post, I tried to make a trade for it and when that didnt work out, he sent it to me free of charge, said someone should use it and not just set on his shelf, i was blown away and told him inwould find him something equally cool and send him something (still looking) I recieved the P&C in the mail very quickly, even though it was from Canada. I installed it and had @dall give the saw a tune for me on my way to cutting down a big tree for a church, the saw ran flawlessly, so much that my dad tried to confiscate it to his house, he loves it, I love it and anyone who runs it loves it, the only issue I had was that it had a little to much compression for me without a gasket, so I added 1 to save my shoulder. He told me it was optional when he sent it. I know others who have had dealings with Mike and all are very pleased, he is always happy to answer any questions you might have as well, Hope to do more saws with him in the future!

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike (CFB) is as top notch as they come. He has built two saws for me so far, the first is my 034 Super. I ran @dall MOFO 036 at Randys GTG last year and it blew me away, so much so that I made several comments about wanting to own one. Mike sent me a PM just before Christmas and told me that he had a 034S that he would sell me for a very good price and then he would send it to Al for the treatment. We made the deal and he was supposed to just give it a quick once over and mail it. While checking it out he found a bearing that was questionable (probably would have been fine, just old and stiff from sitting) and insisted on splitting the case for no extra labor. He even re painted it while apart, it is my first ported saw and will never leave my possession.

After all this was done we were discussing my lack of a big cube Stihl and I mentioned how I had once owned a minty 066 flat top 3/4 wrap but sold it for some reason. Well, Mike being the enabler that he is sent me some pictures of a beautiful full wrap (only available in Canada) flat top 066 and again said he would give it a good once over and sell it to me for a very good price. I couldn't say no and that saw is currently also in the process of being ported. Once again Mike went above and beyond and his attention to detail is second to none.

I just sent him my buddys 044 for a hybrid build and when it is done I will be sending him my 044 for the same treatment. I would never hesitate to recommend CFB Saws to anyone, you will not be disappointed.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Come on guys, we don't want that Canadian gittin a big head now do we ? He just sent my 10mm 044 back with a very bad attitude it just down right hates wood I'm tellin yah. Hope to meet him one o these days [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_4880.JPG IMG_4744.JPG IMG_4862.JPG As posted previously, Mike is a talented Porter and as honest as they come. Mike did an awesome job on the Hybrid cylinder he ported for me. Mike knows his hybrids! I was gifted a complete 044 by the combined efforts of many of the generous guys here on OPE. Mike offered to help me transform it into a Hybrid and clearanced and ported the jug. He muffler modded the dual port too. @Canadian farm boy 's communication is top notch and he keeps you in the loop throughout the porting process. I was send a bunch of photos and videos of my jug on running on his Saw. He answered all of my questions and really cares about the product he puts out.

I can't say enough good things about him. If you live in the states don't be afraid that he he's located in Canada. The shipping process is not as bad as it sounds and parts to and from were nearly as quick as here in the states.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having just recently received my very own hybrid, I have to say that Mike(CFB) did an excellent job, way above my expectations. I can see the attention to detail in his work and not just what you see, the saw is quite the runner. Am very happy with my decision to have Mike do this for me and I would highly recommend him for these hybrids, he has definitely mastered the art. :)

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had Mike port my 272xp (my very 1st ported saw) after I had rebuilt the bottom end. I supplied a new Meteor piston and oem cylinder and Mike went to work. He sent all kinds of photos of his work and communicated every step of the process. His grinding and finishing are excellent and he does little extras that just speak to his attention to detail. I have only put 5 tanks through this saw so far - it doesn't get a lot of use. But I must say, that on the second tank she really started coming alive, and it just keeps getting stronger (and harder to pull over without a decomp lol). It had 190psi compression when I got it back from Mike, and I would wager it's well over 200 now.

A couple weeks ago I was bucking up a big Cherry and my buddy was watching me and we were both laughing - me at the saw because it was pulling so hard, and him laughing at me for laughing at the saw! It's awesome and I am going to get Mike to do a 288xp for me in the Spring I think.