High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

CC 182MC right angle handpiece, installing new bearings.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
1:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My main CC Specialties 182MC was getting a little wobbly and was having more chatter than it used to. I figured I'd get it rebuilt. I about had a stroke when @Mastermind told me the cost of a rebuild but he mentioned Kevin @huskihl had put new bearings in them before.

The bearings are a 6x10x3mm bearing which is a MR106 bearing number. Kevin said he's had the best luck with rubber sealed bearings over the metal shields, to MR106-2RS.

Here is the whole thing dissembled.

IMG_1611.JPG

The bearing on the top slides off easy, the bottom one needs a little more love. I put an old burr in the collet and set the cartridge in my vise to tap the bearing off.

IMG_1612.JPG

Used a small socket to drive the bearing back on.

IMG_1613.JPG

Going back together with some fresh high moly grease.

IMG_1615.JPG

The only trick was modifying a 1/4 drive deep socket to take the key drive drive shaft retainer out so here are the dimensions.

IMG_1617.JPG

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do I even wanna know what they charge? I really wish options were more plentiful, I have not been overly thrilled with CC.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do I even wanna know what they charge? I really wish options were more plentiful, I have not been overly thrilled with CC.
The drive shaft is about $120 and the axle inside the head is I believe $110. I’ve had them rebuild one of mine once and they’re good about not charging much labor if it needs any of the more expensive parts. Believe I’ve installed bearings 6 or 7 times total myself between the 3 I own and bought a couple axles and 1 drive shaft.

Hogs that don’t fit inside the transfers are hell on the axles lol

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They completely rebuilt two of mine, and sold me a new one at the same time......just over 1K.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where did you order bearings?
eBay. All they are is hobby bearings like on rc trucks and helicopters. I’ve tried standard replacements, ceramic, abec 7 instead of 3 for tighter tolerances, and rubber sealed. So far the rubber sealed ones seem the best. But I’m not sure if it’s the seal or the quality

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone using metal conditioners like AVblend has?

Just curious about the grease or oil you might be adding. Moly grease or heavy zinc seems to be popular from my day. Lithium, not so much now days. Better offerings must be out there.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@srcarr52 and @huskihl, if you’re ever in Boulder I owe you both a beer. Big thanks!

I get to Boulder occasionally. More to the Estes park area for hiking or Steamboat for snowmobiling and skiing. Might try to hike another 14er this year.

Anyway, glad the thread helped you.