Castrol 2T

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello. I have been using Castrol 2-T racing for about 5 years. Newer had an oil related issue on my engines. The oil is thin compared to other 2-stroke oils, like Bell Ray H1. And thats good on the winter time in Sweden.

Good lubrication, good trothle respond and very low carbon build up.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's mineral oil and good stuff I've used Castrol mineral oils for over 25 years. I can't vouch for all mineral oils but can vouch for Active and Garden in hard working saws clean burning excellent ring seal no blow by and never any oil layer break down allowing piston to bore contact.
I will add in actual hard working work saws over 90cc I've always run 25:1 never had an oil related problem.
Mineral oil scares people you will probably be talked into some expensive synthetic bike oil by weeks end lol

https://opeforum.com/threads/high-hr-stihl-066.3514/

https://opeforum.com/threads/ms880.19451/

Last edited:

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I take it you cut Aussie hardwood Rogue?
Same as me but no yellow or red box here in Tassie.
Yeah I'm in QLD cut all the really hard hardwoods and in 40c heat week in week out when I worked for the family sawmill. My dad and brothers run the same oil none of us ever babied saws we work the guts out of em lol push saws to there limit but not found that limit as far oil goes never an oil related problem running the above Castrol mineral oil.
That's just my long term real world experience running this oil.

LouCi4er

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Castrol are very good oils and very reasonable priced compared to other brands.The power 1 racing 2t goes for 8€ her in Greece while the Motul,Belray etc are up to 25€.I have tested many oils in my KTM supermoto like Torco,Motorex,Motul and Castrol.Best of them is the Castrol and way cheaper.I was thinking to test the Echo power blend gold to my saws,now using the power blend X but i might try the Castrol 2T.What colour is the Castrol?

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Castrol are very good oils and very reasonable priced compared to other brands.The power 1 racing 2t goes for 8€ her in Greece while the Motul,Belray etc are up to 25€.I have tested many oils in my KTM supermoto like Torco,Motorex,Motul and Castrol.Best of them is the Castrol and way cheaper.I was thinking to test the Echo power blend gold to my saws,now using the power blend X but i might try the Castrol 2T.What colour is the Castrol?
Castrol racing oil is red

John7478

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I'm in QLD cut all the really hard hardwoods and in 40c heat week in week out when I worked for the family sawmill. My dad and brothers run the same oil none of us ever babied saws we work the guts out of em lol push saws to there limit but not found that limit as far oil goes never an oil related problem running the above Castrol mineral oil.
That's just my long term real world experience running this oil.
What saws are you running? Personally i wouldn't run mineral in any strato saw

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello. There is nothing wrong to use mineral oil. synthetic Oil is hyperbole in a 2-stroke engine. Castrol and blue marble are 2 mineral oils that Will protect the engine dam good.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah Active is good oil as I said I've always run it at 25:1 in 90cc up to 137cc under that cc I run it at 32:1 tuned it's clean burning no smoke and good ring seal is is free power.
I personally would not want to try and break in a new saw running some of the top tier Synthetic oils there is such thing as to good an oil for this job must be why you see such bad blow by in some saws rings never ended up seating properly?