CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Studs,
A guy I know from church is desiring to sell this gun, yet I'm lost as a goose in a high wind on this type of firearm.
His family suffered quite a bit from the tornadoes a couple of months back and trying to make ends meet.
I could use it as a Home Defense weapon possibly, yet again I have no point of reference here concerning reliability and value.
One guy I know says a 5.56 barely stops coyotes or bobcats!
He wants $800 for it straight sale or my Canik plus $300 boot.???
What I've researched it looks to be entry-level and overpriced.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
Reg
556 1.jpg 556 2.jpg 556 3.jpg

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
7:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the barrel says "chf" on it he may be in the ballpark. Looks like a basic build though so I'm guessing it's a ~$550 gun new from them when they have the parts. If all of the parts are from them.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's an SBR. Short Barreled Rifle. It requires registering with the ATF and there may have been price increases with that.
5.56 is a varmint round known as .223 Rem. It will put down deer and man also. Just not as effectively. Great for coyote, though you loose velocity with the shorter barrel. You can remove the rear stock and add a pistol brace placing it in the category of a pistol, following your local laws. ATF may have also recently changed their ruling on that also. I can't keep up and don't wish to try.

Price quality built and you will find $800 is a fair price. It looks well cared for and barely fired.

Edit: Short not Shot....SBR

Last edited:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
May not be a crazy bad deal considering he’s willing to ‘show’ you $500 for a Canik TP9SF which doesn’t cost $500 to begin with. I have a couple of brand new TP9SF’s that I paid barely over $300 for each. In reality, if you toss keys, it’s prob not a bad deal because of the $500 allowance on the Canik...his 5.56 is more likely in the $600 realm anyhow. Just my two pennies...would just depend on your needs and whether you want a 5.56 in your arsenal. In other words, you’re prob trading pretty close to even.

Last edited:

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
May not be a crazy bad deal considering he’s willing to ‘show’ you $500 for a Canik TP9SF which doesn’t cost $500 to begin with. I have a couple of brand new TP9SF’s that I paid barely over $300 for each. In reality, if you toss keys, it’s prob not a bad deal because of the $500 allowance on the Canik...his 5.56 is more likely in the $600 realm anyhow. Just my two pennies...would just depend on your needs and whether you want a 5.56 in your arsenal.
Would you guess that at a 10'' barrel?
Looks that to me....

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
May not be a crazy bad deal considering he’s willing to ‘show’ you $500 for a Canik TP9SF which doesn’t cost $500 to begin with. I have a couple of brand new TP9SF’s that I paid barely over $300 for each. In reality, if you toss keys, it’s prob not a bad deal because of the $500 allowance on the Canik...his 5.56 is more likely in the $600 realm anyhow. Just my two pennies...
Yep, I concur. Got two Canik's myself and maybe paid $275 each @ Durhams on sale a while back. Dam great shooting & accurate pistols though.
After retiring with 25 yrs in the Automotive business...I'm well versed in "showing" a figure or two! :risas3::deal::deal:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, I concur. Got two Canik's myself and maybe paid $275 each @ Durhams on sale a while back. Dam great shooting & accurate pistols though.
After retiring with 25 yrs in the Automotive business...I'm well versed in "showing" a figure or two! :risas3::deal::deal:
My previous comment may’ve been a little confusing...pecking on the keyboard and leaving a couple of things out. If it’s a $800 weapon, sure it would be a good deal because you’re tying up roughly ballpark $600 in it. I don’t think the PSA SBR is commanding that kinda coin on a regular, day to day basis...but in this crazy ass world scenario of overinflated prices for weapons and ammo, hoarding, etc, etc...the prices were and definitely still are inflated. They’re coming down a little but most guns are still just stupid high. I believe it’s a roughly $600 platform, I could be wrong though...the pistol lengths do seem to command a little more coin nowadays. If it is a $600 platform, now it’s a matter of what you personally want in your arsenal, the Canik or the PSA. And just because he may’ve paid ballpark $800 or a little more for the PSA certainly does not mean it’s worth that money in a ‘normal’ world which we’ll eventually get back in to.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My previous comment may’ve been a little confusing...pecking on the keyboard and leaving a couple of things out. If it’s a $800 weapon, sure it would be a good deal because you’re tying up roughly ballpark $600 in it. I don’t think the PSA SBR is commanding that kinda coin on a regular, day to day basis...but in this crazy ass world scenario of overinflated prices for weapons and ammo, hoarding, etc, etc...the prices were and definitely still are inflated. They’re coming down a little but most guns are still just stupid high. I believe it’s a roughly $600 platform, I could be wrong though...the pistol lengths do seem to command a little more coin nowadays. If it is a $600 platform, now it’s a matter of what you personally want in your arsenal, the Canik or the PSA. And just because he may’ve paid ballpark $800 or a little more for the PSA certainly does not mean it’s worth that money in a ‘normal’ world which we’ll eventually get back in to.
I gotcha 1st time around, but I appreciate you sharing what you did.
Prices are completely NUTZ right now.
What a fellow shows you on paper or word has little to do with ACV(Actual Cash Value).

Kinda torqued up on the 5.56 now...HMMM...LOL

Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it's an SBR, the tax stamp for transfer is $200 and a long wait, usually 8-12 mos.
The person selling it would know that.
If it's a non registered SBR build, it's a fed felony to buy, sell or possess it.
If it has a brace type pistol stock, not a rifle length stock and was originally purchased as a pistol, it's not an SBR.
The stock on that gun appears to be a full length rifle stock.
Be careful.

What kind of side charge upper does it have? Looks kinda funky.

Last edited:

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If it's an SBR, the tax stamp for transfer is $200 and a long wait, usually 8-12 mos.
The person selling it would know that.
If it's a non registered SBR build, it's a fed felony to buy, sell or possess it.
If it has a brace type pistol stock, not a rifle length stock and was originally purchased as a pistol, it's not an SBR.
The stock on that gun appears to be a full length rifle stock.
Be careful.
Many states in the South have been declaring themselves 2ndA sanctuary states. AZ may be just that. Interesting times.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, “passing”and not posting on the interwebs is prolly your best option.:)

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just spoke with him and it is a PSA lower & a Bear Creek Arsenal upper and barrel length of 7.50 inches.
He's working on a package deal with a couple extra 30 rd mags, some 5.56 ammo, and spare sites.

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is NOT an SBR as that is technically a brace by ATF definition. I recommend you research this topic yourself, also look into the 26" rule. IMO you'd be ahead to make the trade, unless you really don't want it. Make sure the lower was not originally registered as a rifle either, that will bite you if so. Like I said, do your own research about the legality, but to my knowledge that is a legal pistol.