Builders Review For Mattyo

Trader history (0)

sammynancy777

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I would like to do a review on a Husqvarna 394xp that was built and ported by Mattyo, from Farmington, CT. I will do two reviews, 1st one will be on the job of Mattyo or Dr. Mattyo. The 2nd review will be on the chainsaw. Obviously this is the first review. Talking to Dr. Mattyo he knew I wanted a ported chainsaw, so as soon as he got a saw that knew It was of my liking, he asked me if I was interested on it. Obviously I said yes, then he asked me for some personal options regarding the way I want it, and he made it so easy for me. He kept me informed about different steps on the process, and it took him just about a week to finish my saw with brand new carburetor, seals, bearings, fuel tank, chain cover, recoil cover, new air filter cover and nice cylinder cover, new muffler, saw is super clean, awesome saw, DR. MATTYO DID A TREMENDOUS JOB. THANK YOU DOC FOR YOUR CLEAN, GOOD, NICE, EXCELLENT JOB. SHE MOVES FAST, QUICK, IN A HURRY WITH AUTHORITY.
087907f8e086c20e6935372f4715dc90.jpg
38a155a7e23bbbf2ba03f43d25c1cc30.jpg
639194390c8ccf22b9cbaf9a8a65f450.jpg
82cc2726dbfae27d2f2be9076148eba9.jpg

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Matt has helped me out with a 372 bottom end rebuild and replacing the seals on a 394 before, A+ job on both and I learned a lot myself watching him do both saws.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup, While many of the guys porting saws here favor Stihls, Matt likes the Husky brand and knows them well. He has a YouTube channel with bolt-by-bolt take-down instructions, and he has the tools and the knowledge to make difficult jobs easy. In fact he invented his own tools to make assembling saws easier for everyone.
He's also doing good work on porting. The 394xp is one of his favorites. I ran his 394xp next to my 395xp and was impressed.
I've met Matt a few times at the CT GTGs over the years, and he's helped me with various issues on my saws. He helped me rebuild a 372xp. I've ran his ported 350's and they are almost as powerful as ported 346xp's. He likes to deck the case instead of turn down the cylinder base on a lathe, something few other builders do. It helps even up mis-matched case halves, and on the smaller saws it saves the intake boot flange of the cylinder so you don't have to worry about air leaks.
We've talked about timing numbers and having him port a 346xp I have. Since he's a professional dentist, he really has the finesse and grinding skills that I would trust to do up a cylinder right.

Last edited:

sammynancy777

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yup, While many of the guys porting saws here favor Stihls, Matt likes the Husky brand and knows them well. He has a YouTube channel with bolt-by-bolt take-down instructions, and he has the tools and the knowledge to make difficult jobs easy. In fact he invented his own tools to make assembling saws easier for everyone.
He's also doing good work on porting. The 394xp is one of his favorites. I ran his 394xp next to my 395xp and was impressed.
I've met Matt a few times at the CT GTGs over the years, and he's helped me with various issues on my saws. He helped me rebuild a 372xp. I've ran his ported 350's and they are almost as powerful as ported 346xp's. He likes to deck the case instead of turn down the cylinder base on a lathe, something few other builders do. It helps even up mis-matched case halves, and on the smaller saws it saves the intake boot flange of the cylinder so you don't have to worry about air leaks.
We've talked about timing numbers and having him port a 346xp I have. Since he's a professional dentist, he really has the finesse and grinding skills that I would trust to do up a cylinder right.
He is sooooo good. From a friend he has become like a brother.