Broke my Fiskars X17

bowtechmadman

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Handle broke completely in half last night about 2" above my grip while hand splitting some white oak. Probably 10 years old I was just surprised where it broke...really expected it to break up by the head at some point not down by the grip. These buggers lifetime warranty, if so how are they for replacing?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Handle broke completely in half last night about 2" above my grip while hand splitting some white oak. Probably 10 years old I was just surprised where it broke...really expected it to break up by the head at some point not down by the grip. These buggers lifetime warranty, if so how are they for replacing?
Contact them and ask. Everything I've read says they are good with their warranty. They may want a couple of pictures of the failure.

bowtechmadman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent glad to hear it. I was shocked where it snapped (must be the incredible speed I generate). Really expected it to someday snap next to the head where I beat the snot out of it.

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They are awesome! They replaced quite a few things for me over the years. Small one hand hand loppers replaced - handle falling off , 16 or 18 " loppers replaced - broke cutting tip off , 28" loppers replaced - handle fell off - plastic inside broke.

Use this link and add photos. They will email you back.

https://fiskarsliveagent.secure.force.com/FiskarsWarranty/

Last edited:

MurKSki86®

Maybe I'm lost
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where I live we take anything fiskars back to the hardware store and they take it and hand you a new one. I've only done it at the one store and they are not a chain, just a small shop. But as hassle free as they exchange them, fiskars must be fair at replacing them or I couldn't imagine they'd swap them.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To my knowledge, Fiskars has only ever required an email with a description of the failure, a pic or two as an attachment...and no questions asked, a new replacement was sent immediately. I’ve dealt with them twice and both times as easy as it can get for a lifetime warrantied replacement.

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just noticed a cracked handle on mine as it meets the back of the head. I then noticed the poll/butt of the head was cracked. Definitely bummed out! I was just going to buy a 8lb splitter. I should know better and just buy a GF splitter, I’ve had a few of their carving axes and thought they were ok. But I’ve noticed that a lot of the Swedish steel is very brittle these days compared to years past. Maybe I’m just getting older and crankier?