davidwyby

Tree feller, axe handle breaker
GoldMember
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like 60” for my 3120. I got some stuff I want to mill that’s too large for my 42” and I might get into some stuff that will require it for bucking.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think my big cannon roller nose is a 60. But the bar mount was cut out for use with the big 090 style mount.

Benwa

I love the smell of premix in the morning
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just some food for thought. In my experience, a big cannon bar or the like, with a nice wide "belly," is THE ONLY option. Especially for a milling application. I have a standard width bar at 56" and it has considerable "droop" in the center when on its side for milling. Not cheap, but if you're in that range, it'd be a must for me. It's night and day difference the way it hangs when in the mill.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just some food for thought. In my experience, a big cannon bar or the like, with a nice wide "belly," is THE ONLY option. Especially for a milling application. I have a standard width bar at 56" and it has considerable "droop" in the center when on its side for milling. Not cheap, but if you're in that range, it'd be a must for me.
I agree, fat belly bars tend to cut more true, but are heavy when packing around for felling operations.

davidwyby

Tree feller, axe handle breaker
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just thought of something…now I need chain for it! 3/8” stihl would be preferred…not sure if semi or full chisel, I have some 32” semi I need to test, hopeful. Or if I can get the Duracut DPX to cut, I might see if loggerchain can spin me some of that. (See my “random pics of cutters” thread for dpx vs Raisman, stihl pics not up yet)

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just thought of something…now I need chain for it! 3/8” stihl would be preferred…not sure if semi or full chisel, I have some 32” semi I need to test, hopeful. Or if I can get the Duracut DPX to cut, I might see if loggerchain can spin me some of that. (See my “random pics of cutters” thread for dpx vs Raisman, stihl pics not up yet)
What gauge?