High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Best consumer battery saw

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I know theres a few discussions on battery saws, good info, just not what I'm looking for.
My grandfather will be retiring his 021 soon, he doesnt use it much at all and it's more of a hassle for him than anything. I'm thinking of getting him a battery powered saw. He really only trims branches and cuts small wood to fire place size.
I've heard good things about the Echo saws and Milwaukee but wanted to get your opinions if anyone has one. TIA

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep in mind that the battery is half the saw, and consider what other battery tools your grandfather has, or might buy.

if he already owns 18V Milwaukee tools and batteries, that might be a good choice, but not my first choice as a stand-alone chainsaw. Same with DeWalt, Makita, etc.

I thought my battery chainsaw was a stand-alone item, now I have lawnmowers, string trimmers, leaf blowers, etc. that share the same battery platform. Might he be replacing some of those items too?

After you figure that out, you can look for platforms that include those products he will use, especially, if the chainsaw use will be as limited as described.

Philbert

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
It would be easier if he already had a platform but this would likely be a stand- alone item. I'm hoping to get a feel for the quality of different brands.