Battery Powered Grease Guns ?

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was reviewing battery operated grease guns and was wondering if anyone has one and could tell their experience using it. I own mostly Milwaukee tools in the plumbing trade and was leaning towards a Milwaukee 2646-20 18 volt which I already have batteries and charger for. But would not rule out another better performing tool though .

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friend of mine uses one on his two cat 938 loaders, 312 excavator, two dump trucks, high ranger, chipper, stump grinder, farm equipment, etc. He has owned two that I know of and replaced one, never heard him complain and he over greases his equipment.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use a Milwaukee 18 volt I ordered at work to grease recirculation fans weekly on my furnaces at work. I'm not sure if it's that model Gary but I have no complaints.

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was reviewing battery operated grease guns and was wondering if anyone has one and could tell their experience using it. I own mostly Milwaukee tools in the plumbing trade and was leaning towards a Milwaukee 2646-20 18 volt which I already have batteries and charger for. But would not rule out another better performing tool though .
same battery is always a plus.just think know more than we use the gun i would buy the milwaukee. ima hvac plumbing man also.

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you’ve already got Milwaukee I’d say go for it. I’ve had a Dewalt for 3 years that runs 3-4 cases of grease a week and hasn’t missed a lick yet. Not worth switching brands over, I see no reason the Milwaukee won’t be as good. Do yourself a favor and get a Lock-n-Lube. It’s like having a third hand when greasing!!

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My buddy loves his Milwaukee
Diesel trucks and farm tractors and implements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have the Dewalt, but that was the platform we had. I know some that have the Milwaukee and like it as well. Stick with what you have.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I own the 12v Milwaukee and use the 18v at work. The 18 is nice with the pump counter. Even the 12 has enough power to push several tubes on a single charge. Can’t complain.

stranter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the 18v Milwaukee for tractors with timber cranes and trailers and 14T diggers. Really good tool, will speed up your greasing and battery lasts ages.
Colleague has the Dewalt one which is slightly better built and a quicker pump speed, but not worth swapping brands for if you already have batteries for Milwaukee kit.
One tip: if you use cartridges trim the ridge off the top with a knife before loading it, makes getting the empty out much easier!

Beaverscout

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive used a Dewalt to grease Caterpillar scrapers, Dozers,Excavators,and Blade.

Works really well. My only grip would be how quick the cold weather sucks the life outa it’s batterys.

They do make chargers for the vehicle.

Creaky limb tree care

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My only criticism with these is that you can pop out grease seals if you are not careful, some equipment ie MEWPS will state not to use this type of greasing method.

Beaverscout

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t think so, but the do make power inverters that will change 12v to 110v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically, you are correct.

(I just call them chargers...right or wrong.)

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a dewalt 20v that I use at work and home. You can’t go wrong with any of the big brands. We have a 12v Lincoln 12ish year agi at work and it sure as h*ll beat doing it by hand.

motoOzarks

motoMonster
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like the wrist powered ones for some reason.........

maybe it's because they make me feel good in some way..........

especially when I dream about tight bushing tolerances.........

jake-e-boy

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love my Milwaukie 18v, orchard/farm implements and tow rigs/trailers, if I was to upgrade one tool to electric, it would be grease gun. I will leave it in my truck during summer but I try and keep the batteries out of the cold during winter, usually shop or garage, like other person said, cold weather kills batteries.