High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Backpack blower, best bang for the buck?

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
8:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys, I am thinking about stepping up to a backpack blower instead of my hand held blower. I don't need the most powerful blower out there. Just curious if there is something that has good power with a good price too. Thanks for your input.

ANewSawyer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
150BT from Huskvarna. If you are willing to wait, get a Shindaiwa EB802rt from Acme Tools when they run a 20% off sale. Or an Echo from them during same sale. Worth the wait.

If you need it now, a refurbished 150BT from Northern Tool will do. They should have coupons on their website to add to the savings.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't get a Stihl! I like the saws, but their other stuff has that 4mix crap. I got one for work and it blows good, if you get it started. Took back to dealer multiple times and he finally switched it out for a different one. Our old Husky is still running stron and has been borderline abused! We use them for everything from leaf cleanup, blowing out tractor radiators when bush hogging, blowing of the bush hog decks, clearing fire lines during described burns, and forcing air into slash piles to get them going good.

ncpete

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Husqvarna 350BT is what I have. Love it! starts on second pull every time, as long as I remember to flip the switch back to 'run'.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No matter the brand, do yourself a favor and get one of the larger units, you won't regret it. Some of those little ones are no better than the hand held units.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
*Update*

So I am finally tired of my handheld blower and wanted to bring back this thread to see if there are any other opinions. I am kind of leaning towards Husqvarna, either the 150BT or the 350BT. Does anybody have experience with both? They have similar specs on Husqvarna's website, the 150 has higher air speed but lower cfm. I'm assuming that means it has a smaller tube for higher velocity. I'm not opposed to other brands (I really like Echo and Shindaiwa equipment) there just isn't much local support except for Stihl and Husqy.

Also I am hoping to be in the $300ish range.

Thanks

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Jonsered BB 2250. Retail is $300 at TCS. I don't have anything to compare it to because I just use it around the housem but it seems to work well, start easy and is comfortable.

http://www.jonsered.com/us/bb-2250/
Anybody know if Husqy makes Jonsered's blowers? That has very similar specs to the 350BT and just like the saws Jonsereds look way better than Husqy! ;)

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
*Update*

So I am finally tired of my handheld blower and wanted to bring back this thread to see if there are any other opinions. I am kind of leaning towards Husqvarna, either the 150BT or the 350BT. Does anybody have experience with both? They have similar specs on Husqvarna's website, the 150 has higher air speed but lower cfm. I'm assuming that means it has a smaller tube for higher velocity. I'm not opposed to other brands (I really like Echo and Shindaiwa equipment) there just isn't much local support except for Stihl and Husqy.

Also I am hoping to be in the $300ish range.

Thanks
150 is no better than a handheld