High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Archoil ! Is it Any good ??

Is Archoil a waste of time and money ? Which type have you used.

• Yes a waste of money

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No it does what it says on the can

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • AR6200

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • AR9100

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
5:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As in the title, is the Archoil stuff any good, have you used it/tried it ?

i see there are two types, Ar9100 & 6200. have you used either or both.

Hopefully this don’t turn into an oil thread, as this is a fuel additive.

In the uk we can only get the expensive motomix/aspen, which can be problematic if you are/have been using ethanol fuel,
So does this product help with the ethanol associated problems ?

keen to hear your thoughs :)

sundance

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Know nothing about either product......but they're sure proud of it! It'd need to work magic at those prices.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did get a small sample of the 6200 fuel ad, I used it but can’t really say I noticed much.. apart from fuel in the tank not going bad as quick. So I guess fuel stabiliser works as it was easy to start..

And today I was looky around, I did see the 9100 is an oil add..:rolleyes: adds some zinc and stuff for better lube in your engine…

I think I will give it a try… because I see a few YouTube vids saying it’s good.. but how good is gooder.

where’s that oil guy kenny… ? When you need him..

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I voted >it's a waste of money< cause I don't want anyone else using it to make their saws run as good as mine. :)

lol.

it is a waste of $ until you need pay out for a service :rolleyes:
that’s the sails baseball pitch.. “hit or miss”

If you get my drift;)

im still not completely sold thou.. :D

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There again I think If i pop into the local shop. And see if they got any arse oil. I may come out with boy butter :eek:

:risas3:

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not much help as I haven’t used it Only fuel additive I’ve ever used is a diesel additive called diesel pro from Texas refinery co. It helped with dirty tanks. Actually finally got them clean to a point where they don’t jam filters daily Just curious what your application would be

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did get a small sample of the 6200 fuel ad, I used it but can’t really say I noticed much.. apart from fuel in the tank not going bad as quick. So I guess fuel stabiliser works as it was easy to start..

And today I was looky around, I did see the 9100 is an oil add..:rolleyes: adds some zinc and stuff for better lube in your engine…

I think I will give it a try… because I see a few YouTube vids saying it’s good.. but how good is gooder.

where’s that oil guy kenny… ? When you need him..
If you mean eggshooter he's on firewood hoarders

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What you plan on using it in wonky?

Originally as afuel Stabiliser for chainsaws.
I did get one of these small samples to try.
I found it difficult to add just a drop to a gallon, I think it seemed to help the starting of the saw when the fuel was left in for some time. But I don’t normally leave fuel in a saw for extended time periods.
5E456AB4-4EB4-4049-A991-B92309AC3A82.jpeg

I now see they make other additives for other purposes, see there webpages for the other products.

Now I’m really wondering are these the new fuel additives for today’s fuels. As well as oils

cheers
Sean.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had good luck with the stabilizers in the two stroke oil itself. Seems to keep things flowing pretty well to the point I run 50:1 or 60:1 even in my four stroke small engines. Just seems like I have less carburetor issues since I started doing that. I think the oil and stabilizers together seem to help out big time. I use ethanol fuel E free is a pain for me to keep around

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used the 9100 in every oil change in my 2006 Ford 6.0 diesel. You know... the engine everyone loves to hate. I put 395,000kms (275000 mi.) in 9 years on the truck before I sold it and in all that time I replaced 1 injector. It also ran like a top that entire time. Keep in mind I live in Kanada and drove the truck year round regardless of outdoor temperature. The injector I had to replace actually cracked so I don't blame bad lubrication for it's demise. I never had the infamous sticky cold injectors regardless of how cold it was outside. Even though the Archoil added about $50 to the price of an oil change, I do believe it was well worth the price for my particular engine.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats how i found out about it. In all the heui trucks and busses

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve ordered 100ml of the AR6200. = about $25 it says it should treat 1000Lts of fuel = about 265 us gallons

I’m going to give it some more testing. although the only problem I can see is adding such small amounts and being accurate with it.