anyone running a 355t echo?

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have run a couple, but not mine. 100% stock belonging to a tree service I'm friends with. For the price you can't beat them. Owner is a former Stihl dealer and that is all he runs besides his top handles and extenda pole saw, which are echos. The price sways him on the top handle.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I've used a 355 a fair amount while climbing. It definitely needs a muffler mod.

Before mod

After mod

That was a stick of bass wood. Not the best to illustrate gains but the saw was way stronger and ran much cooler after the mod.

Muffler mod is super easy with this little guy. Just remove about 1/3ish of the material off the bottom of the deflector. The part toward the bottom of my hand.

20171025_155950.jpg

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have one at work. Muffler mod and bump the timing a little and she runs a lot better. We use ours when posting boundary by water and are leaned out over the rail. We have cut some pretty big stuff with it and it seems to be holding up. We swapped to Stihl chain and it helped also.

On a side note, I had to take the first one back because it would leak bar oil between the case halves. Dealer swapped it no questions asked.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a side note, I had to take the first one back because it would leak bar oil between the case halves. Dealer swapped it no questions asked.

I can not believe a dealer would do that. All of our Stihl and the one husky and one dolmar dealer would surly make you pay for the repair. It’s nice too see dealers strive for costumer satisfaction

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can not believe a dealer would do that. All of our Stihl and the one husky and one dolmar dealer would surly make you pay for the repair. It’s nice too see dealers strive for costumer satisfaction

I bought my 7910 brand new. About a week after I bought it I noticed the paint coming off the front of the case. I hadn't even had it in wood yet No big deal I say and start flaking it of. I figured it would just be a small flake but then it just kept coming off. A clear factory paint defect. I took it back to my dolmar dealer and he swapped the saw no questions. First purchase I ever made with him.

Douglas Ostrander

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I think the 355t is a great little saw for a big top handle saw. Mine has been modded by mastermind. Sounds tuff! Cuts great. I use 63PS chain that I converted to square and oregon 91vxl. IMO has more power than my modded 201ce saw (rear handle). But I still can not convince my certified arborist friend to use one. He likes the feel of of the Stihl handle when used sideways with one hand. I would like to try Echos new tiny top handle. Less weight. Took some learning to find the best way to start after sitting for a few days. Just pump the primmer bulb and choke. Otherwise it will take a few pulls to get it primed.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the 355t is a great little saw for a big top handle saw. Mine has been modded by mastermind. Sounds tuff! Cuts great. I use 63PS chain that I converted to square and oregon 91vxl. IMO has more power than my modded 201ce saw (rear handle). But I still can not convince my certified arborist friend to use one. He likes the feel of of the Stihl handle when used sideways with one hand. I would like to try Echos new tiny top handle. Less weight. Took some learning to find the best way to start after sitting for a few days. Just pump the primmer bulb and choke. Otherwise it will take a few pulls to get it primed.

2511 is a ripper! It has stolen quite a bit of tree time from my 201.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2511 looks real nice. What are the differences between 2511 and 355?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK. Makes sense. Is one a pro saw and one a homeowner saw?

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Echo dealer is the farmers co-op .We spend close to $20,000 a year there on supplies for the wildlife management area. They get all my seed, ag tires, lime and fertilizer, and herbicide business. So they tend to take care of us.

Im not sure if it was the actual case or oil tank, bit it appeared to be a seam leaking on the bottom. I'm Iot sure how these saws are put together.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
3:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used a 355 a fair amount while climbing. It definitely needs a muffler mod.

Before mod

After mod

That was a stick of bass wood. Not the best to illustrate gains but the saw was way stronger and ran much cooler after the mod.

Muffler mod is super easy with this little guy. Just remove about 1/3ish of the material off the bottom of the deflector. The part toward the bottom of my hand.

View attachment 143398
Did you delete the cat as well? It makes a big difference on these.