High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone here used the Ebay chainsaw sharpener, buy one or not?

J & L Creations

Machine Design
Local time
2:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it's anything like the Harbor freight grinder I have it'll be really lose and not very accurate. It'll work ok with 3/8lp but kind suck with anything else.

At least thats my experience.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spend a little more and get the Oregon 511 copy with tilt vice, full size wheels, much less plastic, built in light, bigger motor that will last much longer etc. That grinder is a plastic unit built for occaisional use for a homeowner type sawyer. Spend a little more and get something that will be much better in every way.

J & L Creations

Machine Design
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Spend a little more and get the Oregon 511 copy with tilt vice, full size wheels, much less plastic, built in light, bigger motor that will last much longer etc. That grinder is a plastic unit built for occaisional use for a homeowner type sawyer. Spend a little more and get something that will be much better in every way.
My thoughts as well. I’m looking at the one Tractor Supply sells, it’s all aluminum and steel clamping for the chain.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you guys used or have experience with that New Electric Chainsaw Chain Sharpener Grinder 4200 RPM Wall Mount Tool that is being advertised here on the forum found on eBay?
I have. Very similar to one of the models I tested in an A.S. thread on 'Harbor Freight' (and similar) grinders. There are many variations.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/hf-chain-grinder-thread.268303/
(that one comes in around Post#134)

Light duty. OK for touching up edges. Limited angle adjustability. Replace the wheel with a better one.

Philbert

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a NOS in box Windsor grinder just like this EBay one, I've never used it as I have better grinders, but even the Windsor one is China made and is not what you'd went to use regularly sharpening chains.1516249667611.jpg

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a NOS in box Windsor grinder just like this EBay one, . . . .View attachment 107314
That might be a step up from the one originally posted.

There are many, small, less expensive grinders available, and then there are the clones of the full sized ones. My recommendation is to get the full sized Oregon / Tecomec grinders. If you are going to get a less expensive one, consider some of the better, cheaper ones, such as (seach these names on eBay):

Oregon 310-120 Grinder
Tecomec Electric Chainsaw Chain Grinder Bench Mounted Replaces Oregon 310-120
Oregon 410-120 510A Electric Bench Grinder

*** Probably the best deal in a less expensive, full sized grinder that I see now is this one on eBay:
Tecomec Compact Chainsaw chain grinder Bench Mounted sharpener Oregon 520-120
It comes with the full sized motor; and full size, high quality wheels, for not too much more than a clone grinder.
No built-in light, and no 10°tilt. Basic vise.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tecomec-Co...670400?hash=item58ec206e40:g:nu0AAOSwySFZfiXE

Philbert

J & L Creations

Machine Design
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's just one of the many Oregon clones. Some are under $100 on eBay.

If you are going to buy that , spend the additional $30 (cost of one, full price wheel) and get the OEM one above.

Philbert

J & L Creations

Machine Design
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well I'm not ready to buy yet, just stating I've seen this clone work and it works very well, all aluminum. Two different people I know have one and sharpened my chains with them, I was pleased. Some one did a really good job of building a clone. Just to say I've never had allot of money, so I save where I can, if a tool I see will do the job for me with a certain amount of proficiency/quality and not cost allot or be top of the line, that's usually the one I will go for. Also why I repair instead of buying new many times.

Last edited:

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I save where I can, if a tool I see will do the job for me with a certain amount of proficiency/quality and not cost allot or be top of the line, that's usually the one I will go for. Also why I repair instead of buying new many times.
Try the better ones too, before you decide.

Then watch for a used on on CL.

Philbert

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
3:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I'm not ready to buy yet, just stating I've seen this clone work and it works very well, all aluminum. Two different people I know have one and sharpened my chains with them, I was pleased. Some one did a really good job of building a clone. Just to say I've never had allot of money, so I save where I can, if a tool I see will do the job for me with a certain amount of proficiency/quality and not cost allot or be top of the line, that's usually the one I will go for. Also why I repair instead of buying new many times.
Are you decent with a file? If you are one of the cheap junk harbor freight grinders are fine if you know what you want the finished product to look like. Most everyone will disagree with me here. I file my chains maybe 80 percent of the time. The only reason I’ll spend the time to take a chain off at all is if I’ve hit a rock / nail or something. From my experience I can keep a 20” bar cutting real good and real straight with just a file. That being said , when I damage a chain I pull that little price of crap out and it does it’s job. I have steady hands and keen eyesight. Anyway to agree with philbert. I’m personally looking for a used Oregon grinder of a tad larger size. But if you want to pinch pennies as I do you can make a chain cut well with a harbor friefht grinder. Especially if you know what you want the finished product to look like. That’s the very best advice I can give due to my limited grinder knowledge

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a clone 511 5ish years ago, back then it was AUD $160-. They have become a lot cheaper since with 'buy it now' prices on EBay under $80. I bought a spare about a year ago for $63 with 4 wheels, tools, dressing stone & plastic spec card. I thought I'd grab a spare as 4 cheap pink grinding wheels cost more than the whole kit. Having said that, I run 10-20 chains through my 5 year old unit each week, other than the light globe blowing 3 times it is still going strong and servicing my needs just fine. The spare is in box being stored as a backup but I'm not sure I'll wear out my old one anytime soon. The chain advancer bracket is a bit worn and will need replacing.1516316762987.jpg

J & L Creations

Machine Design
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I know/knew there would be varying opinions on this subject and all are good actually, I guess what ever works for the individual, no one here is wrong. Me personally, my eyesight is not what it used to be. I use to could hit a target bullseye from 500 yards away, I doubt if I could do 100’ now, well maybe I could. I can still weld a straight line but it’s geting harder. That’s why I’m looking into a grinder, just to make things a little easier.