High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone Here Run Stihl Bars on Husky Saw With Cannon Adapter?

Allanb8d

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a 395XP and would like to run Stihl bars. Looking at these bar adapter from Cannon.

With the adapter, do you still have to mill the bar, and/or have to add extra link to the chain for it to work?

Thanks for any info.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think @dall is the only one here crazy enough to do such a thing...

No, seriously, it depends on which bar you're running. A 32" bar generally has the same driver count between Stihl and Husqvarna, but there are minor differences between brands of bars.

28" bars usually require a longer chain on the Husqvarna chassis.

Allanb8d

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think @dall is the only one here crazy enough to do such a thing...

No, seriously, it depends on which bar you're running. A 32" bar generally has the same driver count between Stihl and Husqvarna, but there are minor differences between brands of bars.

28" bars usually require a longer chain on the Husqvarna chassis.

32" is 105 drive links for both brands. I know it's crazy but my bard. Stihls. I've got adapters for a Makita 7900 & Echo CS-620 and they work perfectly. Non eed for any adjustments.

Last edited:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
9:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes you need to lengthen the slot in order to get them to fit a husky. And sometimes they are alright. Just depends on which bar length, bar manufacturer, and how stretched out the chain is

Allanb8d

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes you need to lengthen the slot in order to get them to fit a husky. And sometimes they are alright. Just depends on which bar length, bar manufacturer, and how stretched out the chain is

Tried a 28" Stihl light bar. Slot is definitely too short.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tried a 28" Stihl light bar. Slot is definitely too short.
A good quality drill bit the size of the original slot, and a cut off wheel in a grinder is a pretty quick way for the home hack, myself included. But I’ve done it with a carbide burr also

Last edited:

Allanb8d

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, I need to clarify that the reason I'm going through all this hassle is because I only run light bars on 25in and up. I tried to source lw bars specifically made for Husqvarna but I'm having a hard time finding ones for the configuration I want. 32" 3/8, .063.

Ordered a Tsumara light bar from Amazon but got the wrong one, .050 instead of .063. It's about 5,6oz heavier than advertised. The .063 version will likely be heavier.

My dealer stocks Stihl lightweight bars and prices are pretty reasonable. $150 for 32in and 36in. $5 price difference.

Allanb8d

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A good quality drill bit the size of the original slot, and a cut off wheel in a grinder is a pretty quick way for the home hack, myself included. But I’ve done it was a carbide burr also

Are you able to use Stihl specified drive links after drilling? Or it still depends?

Last edited:

Allanb8d

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t follow….

The Stihl bar will still work on a Stihl after you modify it to fit a husky

Sorry, for my typo. I meant after slotting bar, are you able to use chains with drive links written are the bar? No need to add an extra link.

I am ok with milling the Stihl bar as long as I can buy Stihl chains. I don't have the tools to add additional drive links.

Last edited:

Dennisthemenace

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a 395XP and would like to run Stihl bars. Looking at these bar adapter from Cannon.

With the adapter, do you still have to mill the bar, and/or have to add extra link to the chain for it to work?

Thanks for any info.

Usually need an extra link, as mounting slot is shorter.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, for my typo. I meant after slotting bar, are you able to use chains with drive links written are the bar? No need to add an extra link.

I am ok with milling the Stihl bar as long as I can buy Stihl chains. I don't have the tools to add additional drive links. Please my dealer is solid so I really want to buy Oregon chains or whatever brands specifically made for huskies.

You might have to trim the heel of the bar some if you still want to use Stihl chains. I had to do it one 1 bar. Flap disc made easy work of it.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I meant after slotting bar, are you able to use chains with drive links written are the bar? No need to add an extra link.

That has been my experience, yes. Once I slotted the bar, they took the same drive links as the Stihl bar called for. But again, I’ve only done it three or four times. And the 28 is already the oddball with some being 91 and some being 93. But I believe it should work

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
https://workshoppist.com/stihl-husqvarna-bar-compatibility/

I know the 3003 Stihl mount to large Husqy mount is pretty common but I was searching about adapting the 3002 Stihl mount and stumbled upon this article. It's a pretty interesting and thorough article which might help someone out. I have no idea exactly how accurate the info is though.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, I need to clarify that the reason I'm going through all this hassle is because I only run light bars on 25in and up. I tried to source lw bars specifically made for Husqvarna but I'm having a hard time finding ones for the configuration I want. 32" 3/8, .063.

Ordered a Tsumara light bar from Amazon but got the wrong one, .050 instead of .063. It's about 5,6oz heavier than advertised. The .063 version will likely be heavier.

My dealer stocks Stihl lightweight bars and prices are pretty reasonable. $150 for 32in and 36in. $5 price difference.

The new Husqvarna light bar.
https://www.hlsproparts.com/category-s/3960.htm