High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone have any luck importing a 288xp from Brazil?

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brazil’s currency is waaaayy down. List price is still about $800 but with American currency, you’ve got real buying power. I’ve reached out to one of my customers. His wife is from Brazil. This may just be a pipe dream. I believe if it were easy we would have already seen some new 288’s for sale.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My nephew is about to head to Brazil on a mission for his church. So I just happened to ask what the currency conversion was just yesterday and it is .24. So if list price is 800 Brazilian and I am doing the math right, that would make it $192 :eek: I already know he won't have the time or the ability to send me a saw, but damn I would get one in a heartbeat at that price!

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a couple of Brazilians that work for me. They have family in Sao Paulo but they don't know anything about saws.

If I had specifics I could get them to look into it for me.

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brazil’s currency is waaaayy down. List price is still about $800 but with American currency, you’ve got real buying power. I’ve reached out to one of my customers. His wife is from Brazil. This may just be a pipe dream. I believe if it were easy we would have already seen some new 288’s for sale.

Not sure where you saw prices but the 288 in Brazil is a little over R$3000 which is about US$750.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a feeling that a foreign owned company would also have an exchange rate or something (I'm terrible with this economic stuff) Anyway the saw should come out to around the normal price in USD even if it costs 800,000 brazilian dollars

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To ship one here it would likely be prudent to partially disassemble and send in a couple separate boxes as “parts”...

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As member a couple year's ago sold a nib 272 for 700.00 no idea where he got it.
I almost bought it wish i had.
288 shouldn't be much more if could be found.

Coutu

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As member a couple year's ago sold a nib 272 for 700.00 no idea where he got it.
I almost bought it wish i had.
288 shouldn't be much more if could be found.
That saw’s in my basement at the moment ;)

I believe it was had from a dealer in NY. Not sure how or why, but that was the story.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To ship one here it would likely be prudent to partially disassemble and send in a couple separate boxes as “parts”...
Use the “saw king” method, remove the spark plug and it’s a “non-runner” or disabled. The owner would have to assemble it it get it running

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't been recently but I used to travel to Brazil fairly often and have investigated saws while there. Searching for the "but you can get them in Brazil" models and for the most part found that to not be true. Getting a chainsaw fuel tank if it has "ever" had fuel in it on an airplane is near impossible. So sending a saw to the USA, it would almost have to go in a container shipment.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't been recently but I used to travel to Brazil fairly often and have investigated saws while there. Searching for the "but you can get them in Brazil" models and for the most part found that to not be true. Getting a chainsaw fuel tank if it has "ever" had fuel in it on an airplane is near impossible. So sending a saw to the USA, it would almost have to go in a container shipment.

Remove the tank, we can still get them here easy lol.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you ever import a 288?

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I brought a well used McCulloch 73 home from Australia in pieces, packed in a box and wrapped with plastic, as a checked bag. No one ever even asked "what's in the box" on either end of the trip. I was a little disappointed...

I also looked into the possibility of bringing a new saw home from Argentina once or twice. By the time you pay the purchase price and potentially have to pay duty upon arrival they are not exactly cheap.

Mark