Anybody ever put up a woven wire fence?

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm putting up a fence for my goats . Any tips or tricks ?

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Start your fence at the far corner of the pasture. By the time you get to the close part that you have to look at all the time, you'll have it figured out. :)
That's what I done . Lol. I run about 200 ft tonight have about 500 more to go .

JMoney

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If you really wanna be a perfectionist run the wire on top first and pull that tight. Has more leverage so top wire first. The top might sag a little after you stretch the bottom, but not near as bad as the bottom will sag if you do the top last. I'm no fencing expert, just going from what I was told when I learned and my limited experience.

PS I wish I could keep a goat or two where I live.

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
8:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Plus don't feed them any Budweiser, you'll have to put a home run swing across their forehead with a fence post to get them to quit following you.

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We just got these a couple weeks ago from down in south texas . I don't think they seen many people. Lol . They are wild .
Plus don't feed them any Budweiser, you'll have to put a home run swing across their forehead with a fence post to get them to quit following you.

jetsam

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

When I was a kid, I had an uncle who didn't like the goat, but thought it was funny to give the goat beer. Like you said... it was funny for the rest of us. (Not so much for him or the goat.)