High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Any weight-loss tip&tricks for the 660 platform? (to up the power//weight ratio further)

Cerberus

Cerberus the aardvark, not the hell-hound!!
Local time
10:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'll say I'm hesitant/uninteretested in lightweight bars, as I want full strength, but fear that may be one of/the main thing one can do.

Anyways, as with most engine stuff, a bunch of littles can equal a lot so am eager to hear any tips&tricks for lighter 44's/66's!

Thanks a ton for any insight!

[PS- What type of welding, specifically, is required for me to be able to weld ferrous steels IE the necessary tooling for modifying a muffler & adding a pipe, am able to make my piece & finish the end-product but don't have a welding setup...is there ANYTHING that can make reliable seems here, short-of true welding? Have heard of "brazing" butt having trouble delineating...anyway am pretty sure I have a muffler idea that'll pull like crazy so am eager to finish & test it ;D ]

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Switch to an 064 with a Light weight bar lol. But seriously, a light weight bar is gonna be the easiest as well as one of the more drastic changes for weight and balance. If you want to really put it on a diet then remeber ounces make pounds. Smaller dogs, only run the inside dog, half wrap handle, keep the bar as short as possible for the job at hand.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The lightweight bar will definitely make the biggest difference, especially with balance.

The Stihl light weight bars are usually among the lightest out there and they seem to hold up very well for me.

I even use 2 - 36" light weight bars for milling.

The old (discontinued) 24" E bar is also great if you can find one, either used or in a dealer's inventory. They are light, rugged and inexpensive.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with @Thumper88 … 064 and lightweight bar. Almost same size/weight as a 461, but more power than a epa choked 660. Pound for pound probably the most impressive stihl model in my opinion. Only issue… kinda a rare model to find in good condition anymore. Some of the 064 specific parts are getting harder to find too.

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with @Thumper88 … 064 and lightweight bar. Almost same size/weight as a 461, but more power than a epa choked 660. Pound for pound probably the most impressive stihl model in my opinion. Only issue… kinda a rare model to find in good condition anymore. Some of the 064 specific parts are getting harder to find too.
The one I bought recently is a killer. And it weighs 1.5 lbs more with the 34" Oregon Light bar than the 500i with the 28" Stihl Light weight. I need to pull the bars and weigh them, but it looks like a 500i and an 064 are very very close in weight.