High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Any pellet burners here

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 207506 View attachment 207504 View attachment 207505 Anybody else burn pellets?

I know this is not fire wood, since I have not been able cut any fire wood in a few years, I burn 3 propane stoves and 2 pellet stoves. I only use the propane when the temp gets below 20 degrees, which might be tonight. Thought I might need to stock up for the winter. Got the first 2 tons couple days ago, waiting for them to get 6 more tons. Sitting one ton one the front porch for easy access, and brother helping put 1/2 ton on the back porch for easy access to the other stove. ( again I hate winter anymore)View attachment 207503 View attachment 207503 View attachment 207503 View attachment 207504 View attachment 207505

49er

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a lot of stoves and a lot of burning what all are you heating?
I went with a geothermal heat pump 10 years ago. It was a good decision.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Charlie, i love how almost every pic you post is from a security camera! How do you like them pellet stoves? Ive never used one.

northwest saws

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We burn red fir pellets now and while it is clean and efficient I really hate having to clean it. It's really messy and gets soot everywhere. I miss having the regular firewood stove. When it gets super cold I'll turn the propane furnace on for a bit, I don't leave it on for long though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have been burning pellets for over 20 years. Most everything I burn is doug fir. I'm in California and lots of the doug fir pellets are made on the West coast. I burn mostly Bear Mountain or Golden Fire, which I understand are the same pellet now.

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I burn pellets, my stove is a Harman P43. A few years ago I built a 8ft x 8ft x 4ft bin in my basement that holds 5 tons worth, have a 4 inch fill pipe that leads outside.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I found a few of them. Will try to recover the others if I can. IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0088.JPG IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0094.JPG

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of putting a pellet stove in. I converted to ductless mini-split heat pups for heat and A/C in my old farm house that my wife and I are restoring/remodeling. It's roughly 2500sqft and 2 stories. I have a Pacific Energy T-6 Alderlae stove that heats a good portion of my house and greatly helps reduce the electrical bills in the Winter, but it's still a space heater at the end of the day. I wouldn't mind a second wood burner, but there is appeal of a pellet stove that could be burned with a minimum of attention and fuss, to help out the T-6 when it really gets cold. Not having been around that many though, beside aesthetics, I'm not rally sure what I'd be looking for.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of putting a pellet stove in. I converted to ductless mini-split heat pups for heat and A/C in my old farm house that my wife and I are restoring/remodeling. It's roughly 2500sqft and 2 stories. I have a Pacific Energy T-6 Alderlae stove that heats a good portion of my house and greatly helps reduce the electrical bills in the Winter, but it's still a space heater at the end of the day. I wouldn't mind a second wood burner, but there is appeal of a pellet stove that could be burned with a minimum of attention and fuss, to help out the T-6 when it really gets cold. Not having been around that many though, beside aesthetics, I'm not rally sure what I'd be looking for.

If you are looking for something that is a minimum of attention, I don't think you will like a pellet stove, As they have to be cleaned constantly. As I have two of them, and I am cleaning them twice a week! ( LBT) On one of them. Plus a good ash vacuum. ( Pellet stoves are space heaters ) AKA Room heaters!!

northwest saws

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are looking for something that is a minimum of attention, I don't think you will like a pellet stove, As they have to be cleaned constantly. As I have two of them, and I am cleaning them twice a week! ( LBT) On one of them. Plus a good ash vacuum. ( Pellet stoves are space heaters ) AKA Room heaters!!
I second that, they need plenty of cleanings. Definitely not hassle free, it'll start having issues if you dont keep up with it. I have to clean mine once every 2 weeks and then once a week when it's running almost around the clock. I get soot and ash everywhere I swear. If I don't keep up with cleaning it will run for a bit then over heat and shut off, or start clogging and pellets will start piling up to where the pellet output hole is. It doesn't heat as well as my old wood stove did either :(

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
As stated I have two of them. Still trying to get the pics. back. Will be getting the 6th ton next week.
Well, another wood burner it is. That was easy!

No dought in my mind. I agree!

highland_hunter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run a Harman Accentra from about late November until whenever my 3 tons run out, typically mid-March-ish. It will keep my 1500 sq foot raised ranch at about 70* the entire time. The bedrooms stay on the cooler side which for me is better for sleeping. The dealer recommended to clean after every ton, yes I scrape the burn pot each day and wipe the glass free of soot but that is the extent of the cleaning I do. I burn Vermont Wood Pellet which produces the least amount of ash of any pellet I have tried. I can at least get the wife to fill it which would be more of an issue with a wood burner.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had looked at a few Harmons and possibly a Lopi. I have no interest in the China-inc crap...

highland_hunter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been very fortunate with mine over the last 5 or 6 heating seasons. I do think I might want to consider stocking a part or two soon though.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Since I have 2 pellet stoves, I like to keep a few parts on hand, All the gaskets, plus, vac. hoses Convection blowers, and the exhaust blowers, etc. ( plus fuses )

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cleaned both stoves today, here is one of them after start -up. They have been running since 2012, and 2013. I do keep parts here if I need them. Knock on wood, not need them yet.101_0654.JPG