trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
12:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got 2 intake boots. One with a thin lip, 1 with a thick lip. I forgot which goes with which. Which is the one that goes with the ring inside the boot and the ring outside the boot? Thanks

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got 2 intake boots. One with a thin lip, 1 with a thick lip. I forgot which goes with which. Which is the one that goes with the ring inside the boot and the ring outside the boot? Thanks
Sent you a text Tom with some pics.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 334702
Part number is usually 1122 141 2201. Back then Stihl called it a manifold.

Thanks. I didn't buy the boots on order so I didn't have an idea of the number. I know 00 is the old one and 01 is the new one. I have both the shims and the rings for the different intake styles but didn't want to mix them up for the differnt styles of lips on the boot to possibly get an airleak. The 01 boot has the fat lip and therefore fits with the more prevalent style intake system with Stihl that we're used to.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was a time that I tried a thin-seal manifold boot on another Stihl saw and it failed miserably because of air leak. I replaced it with the thicker seal boot and that ended the problem. I believe it was an MS460.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I didn't buy the boots on order so I didn't have an idea of the number. I know 00 is the old one and 01 is the new one. I have both the shims and the rings for the different intake styles but didn't want to mix them up for the differnt styles of lips on the boot to possibly get an airleak. The 01 boot has the fat lip and therefore fits with the more prevalent style intake system with Stihl that we're used to.

Tom -

There are also two different airboxes for the top of the fuel tanks - one for the thick-lipped boots and a later one for the thin-lipped boots. The airbox for the thick-lipped boots does not use the ring inside the boot and has a recessed area where the backside of the lip of the boot sits into. You don't want to try to mix-and-match those parts.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not my pic but I did my homework. The one with the metal ring around the boot mouth is the new style, the right one.
My 064 is the older one and she's ny baby.
20170103_195230.jpg 20200913_172123.jpg

Last edited:

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tom -

There are also two different airboxes for the top of the fuel tanks - one for the thick-lipped boots and a later one for the thin-lipped boots. The airbox for the thick-lipped boots does not use the ring inside the boot and has a recessed area where the backside of the lip of the boot sits into. You don't want to try to mix-and-match those parts.

So let me get this right...lol! The THIN lipped boot fits the ring and the thick lipped boot fits the shim? I've got both air filter systems and air filter covers for both boots and a bing carb to go underneath it. I'll probably go with the ring because I've got a transluscent tank.