High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

And now for something completely different.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
3:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
good news tho, theyve upgraded our forecast to 5-8” on saturday, so probly gonna have to plow snow instead of fukkin off. im stoked.
This sucks. Dropping the lady off at the airport in GR Saturday morning for her industry awards trip. I'd planned on hitting the shack in Tustin after. If I gotta fight snow I'll just come back down here and fight rain.

Unless @P.M.P. gets ahold of me.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
gotta actually work today. and wife has the rona so im probly not gonna be able to get anywhere on this until saturday. thankfully were supposed to get 3-5” snow and 40 mph winds. bout fukkin done with that.
i hope your wife gets over that crap. i had it last month and it took me down. my wife got it too and she didnt hardly get sick at all. it sucked. im ready for spring too

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’re your feelings on a higher exhaust and longer BD? Not saying one is better than another anything, some also say gas motors should be ported differently so that’s a factor as well.
evetually this is gonna be run on alcohol. i have limited experience with quadports, and zero experience with quadport cylinder with stuffers haha. the way i see it, which could be way off, is that as desired rpms increase, theres less time for the blowdown action to occur, which should require a longer blowdown than say a firewood saw. but with the stuffers, this seems like it should be able to handle more ex and transfer duration…as for the gas vs alcohol thing, yeah, i think alcohol can handle a little more ex duration than a stictly gas saw. clear as mud? lol

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i hope your wife gets over that crap. i had it last month and it took me down. my wife got it too and she didnt hardly get sick at all. it sucked. im ready for spring too
thanks dude. yeah shes fine, a litte cough. a little low on energy, nothin major.

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
evetually this is gonna be run on alcohol. i have limited experience with quadports, and zero experience with quadport cylinder with stuffers haha. the way i see it, which could be way off, is that as desired rpms increase, theres less time for the blowdown action to occur, which should require a longer blowdown than say a firewood saw. but with the stuffers, this seems like it should be able to handle more ex and transfer duration…as for the gas vs alcohol thing, yeah, i think alcohol can handle a little more ex duration than a stictly gas saw. clear as mud? lol
I feel at your current exhaust height and BD setting there will be some back stuffing, so it’ll be interesting to see. Even stuffed, I’ve seen then run lots of duration with great success. Looking forward to seeing it done.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel at your current exhaust height and BD setting there will be some back stuffing, so it’ll be interesting to see. Even stuffed, I’ve seen then run lots of duration with great success. Looking forward to seeing it done.
yeah im not figuring that the port work is done. i know how this thing ran before when the transfers were untouched, around 30-32 degrees bd, it was extremely peaky and wouldnt hold rpm. the grinding i did shouldve gotten trans up to about 125 or so, still above 20 deg blowdown. if i were to guess, i think it should run well with a pretty short bd period. just dont wanna try to get it all at once.