High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

After effects of my online purchase of ZTR.

TLee

New OPE Member
Local time
7:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Almost 2 years ago made decision to move up to a ZTR mower and decided to purchase online as sales price was couple hundred less and no tax. My experience has been less than stellar. In retrospect, now think that not necessarily a good move on my part.
As I have always had good luck with Husqvarna products in the past, ordered one from a major east coast dealer. The shipping was swift from UPS,and arrived a day early-just before the July 4th holiday 2016. The "package" arrived in large wooden crate, wrapped in a heavy plastic.
While unwrapping did notice both inner longitudinal wood supports cracked midships where the loading forks were used to transport unit. Called Selling dealer on 800 number to notify of the crate damage,and they were now closed for holiday. Left message which they did not return after the holiday.
Fast forward, assembled items such as seat, made adjustments as specified (now forgot details) and started to mow. Somewhere <5 hours, mower drive belt kicked off. Went to the barn, reinstalled and less than another hour and it kicked off again, this time shredding the belt as it hung on the idler bracket. Installed a new belt and mowed away. It was not long before the left drive motor(?) stopped working and slowly cripped way back to barn in slow zig zag way using right side power. I raised rear wheels and noticed right wheel very hard to turn. Went back out next day and both "drives" working, as would maintain a straight line. Do mow for a bit and put back in the barn. Next time, will not turn over. Call "local" Husky warranty repair company in Rains County Texas,who advises repairs will be paid by by manufacturer as it has only 7 hours on meter. Loaded unto trailer, carried to fore mentioned dealer, offloaded, told them it would not run, the belt problem, and the hard turning wheel. Was told by service tech that rear wheels on that brand were that way. Then signed repair sheet and left.
Contacted said dealer in a couple of days who said it was ready to go. When I arrived to pickup, was told they could not find anything wrong with it, and charges were $35.00 and change. It did drive up on trailer this time, so did console me somewhat. The hour meter now has less than 10 hours and they had "driven" less than 1/2 hour, think it about .3 of an hour.
Fast forward, and and next time I try to mow, belt kicks off again before long. As now have concluded if it going to get fixed, will have to do it myself. In order to get a good understanding of belt operation, do remove entire "mower" assembly from the unit where I can examine the belt drive rotation process closely. ( have trouble comprehending something I can't get a good look at) at still can't, sometimes. Removal is not that difficult as just held with quick removal thru hole pins. After getting down and examining close, determined it had wrong idler pulley (with over 1/2 inch offset) and at an angle to other pulleys. So, remove idler bracket from mower deck, remove pulley from bracket, and heat and massaged bracket on a railroad iron(blacksmith with high heat and big hammer) to a somewhat level surface and reinstall. That problem is now fixed, no more belt kicking off. However, the drive hydrostatic drive axle(s) performance has been wonky and never "drives" the same, every time it is driven. Now groans and growls like my stomach. Am never sure if it is going to quit pulling in the far end of the lawn, or not.
The Kawasaki motor is terrific and has never burped or belched. As with all air cooled engines, is necessary to work the choke until warmed up. It took a little getting used to the turning axis point being the rear rather than the front axles.
Am up to about 17 hours now. Had not been run since last July/August until yesterday. Did drain out the fuel and put fresh in. So, if memory and math right, replaced the 3rd or 4th tank to fresh.
In conclusion, think the whole assembly, wooden crate and all, may have been dropped/disturbed in transit. As was not immediately discovered, have no recourse UPS transport , and am on my own. YMMV. This something one might weigh before making big purchase from online source.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
7:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Being a Husqvarna dealer we get tons of work from people who purchased on line. Usually ends up costing them more then if they where to buy from someone who makes sure they get a good product and good service.

RKoger

OPE Member
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When people ask me for a mower recommendation, the first question I ask is what kind of mowers dealers are within a respectable driving distance of your house. You will always get the best service from the dealer that you bought the mower from. If there are no acceptable dealers nearby then be prepared to do the labor and buy the parts yourself, because as you're finding out, dealers don't like working on equipment that they didn't sell.