High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Additive: "Mechanic in a Bottle" Any Input On This Product?

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Price is pretty reasonable. For OPE that doesn't get run a lot, thought it may clean things up a little.
Any actual experience with? Thanks in advance.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had good results with it on 4 stroke equipment that runs, but poorly. Dump some in the tank with fresh fuel and then run it. Has saved me a lot of time disassembling carbs that just needed a little help.

I use a good quality two stroke oil with stabilizer so I have no experience with it on 2 strokes.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which Mechanic in a Bottle we talking about? The product by that name that I see around here is your typical gooey oil additive similar to STP and Lucas.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which Mechanic in a Bottle we talking about? The product by that name that I see around here is your typical gooey oil additive similar to STP and Lucas.

No, this is a liquid you put in fuel systems. Usually found anywhere lots of DIY people shop.

MIB8oz.jpg

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Believe I have 7 Honda 5.5 and 8hp motors. Every one of them started running lean from green corrosion in the fixed jets. I’d dump in a few glugs of Seafoam with about an inch of gas in the tank and run it on half choke for a few minutes to mix it up and get it into the carb. A month later they run like new again.

Tried it in an older CR 125 where the brass jets were black colored. After a month of both sitting and running, the jets were all shiny brass again. Seems to me like it does what it says

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Rural King version seems to work pretty well too, been using it for awhile now.

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ended up tossing in some Walmart Brand carb cleaner in the tank. It worked, probably just as good at a cheap price

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's called Berryman's Chemtool. That stuff works wonders in your car. I throw in a can every 2 mos or so, good stuff. Highly recommend.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's called Berryman's Chemtool. That stuff works wonders in your car. I throw in a can every 2 mos or so, good stuff. Highly recommend.
I learned of it from Vice grip garage. Seems just like seafoam which is good.

SimonHS

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone tried Seafoam Deep Creep penetrating oil on rusted fasteners? Any good?

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use berrymans all the time...funny though...I never used it IN the tank ...I use it to clean piston crowns and exhaust ports/mufflers. Nothing I've found works better at that.