Status
Not open for further replies.

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
12:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've often found it takes me ages to find a previous post of interest. Likewise sometimes another user throws up a part number or link I could do with remembering for later.

On AS I used to just add this thread to my watched thread list, but then that list became unwieldy.

I think it would be cool to have a small area (another tab on each user's profile/personal details) where you could put (and later find) this kind of thing. I say a small area because obviously the site owner's will need to review the space needed for hosting etc.

Perhaps a "bookmark this post" (or something?) on each post would be the way to implement this? Just in tiny icon on the post (e.g. near the the like/quote/reply buttons) would possibly work. You could just click on any post you want to find later, and it goes on your bookmarked posts list. When you exceed the quota of these bookmarks you get an error/warning message.

In my opinion this would be great, if there's a build thread you find, which goes for a lot of pages, has some good tech info, and a lot of bantering in between (which is also good - but not something you want to read again if searching for a link/PN/tip etc.)

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@exCanuck @Gentleman

This seems like a very good idea @MattG has suggested.
Thanks Jon,

At first I was thinking just like a notepad. (Being a frequent PC user, I'm used to drag'n'drop etc.).

But then I thought that wouldn't be so good for phone users etc. and it could fill with all sorts of stuff that would get silly over time.

I like the idea of a "bookmark" list, since it's just like either bookmark/favorites on a browser, or a contact list on your phone. Easy to click-to-add, or delete etc.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That site looks very similar. That would be good here. It should back up quite well to firefox and the clouds. Easy to transfer files around.

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It also has a mod that keeps the New Posts button at the top even while scrolling thru a thread.

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
All stop for Holidays.
Need some parts, need the space in the workshop / garage for Christmas stuff...
Will go back to it once the holidays are over...

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
All music to my ears, fellas......

Our days repeat-clicking next page could soon be over :)

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What's happening? Surely all the entrepreneurial administrators are back from their Christmas Holidays by now!??!

:risas3:

Status
Not open for further replies.