A Better Explanation Of Burning Pine

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
8:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t even use pine in my fire pit, I’m definitely not burning it inside. Too much other good wood here to fool with it.

Ontario Firewood Resource

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t even use pine in my fire pit, I’m definitely not burning it inside. Too much other good wood here to fool with it.
Same here, no shortage of hardwood in Ontario. I don't fill all my crates every season, so may as well have pine, softwood and softer hardwoods for summer customers, so that all my hardwood is dedicated for the winter customers

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve mixed seasoned pine splits with white oak, red oak, hickory, pecan, etc here for years in my living room, open fireplace. Never had a single creosote build-up problem. And I’ll burn the hell out of it in my backyard fire pit when we’re grilling, smoking, partying, etc.

A good bit ends up in fat lighter. When it’s raining, etc outside and can’t do anything yard wise, I’ll sit on a little mechanic stool on top of a half sheet of plywood in the shop, and make fat lighter. Good reason in my book to crank up some rock & roll and knock down several cold ones.

94CCCFC0-9591-4E87-BE30-5A4893D646BE.jpeg

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^^ That’s a good idea and sounds like a good time.