High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

80's Honda fr700 rototiller help

murphy1287

New OPE Member
Local time
4:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone out there with an fr700? Just acquired this tiller and trying to get her running. Looks like all the pieces are there, the air filter element is missing, and I when I looked up the manual online it says something about putting oil in the air filter plastic holder, not sure what that is about. Also, there is what looks like a drain piece coming off that air filter, but no hose attached.

I got it to fire up for 2-3 seconds then will die. Going to try and drain the carb and get a new spark plug and hopefully that gets her going to blow out the cob webs.

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Start with the basics. Clean out the carb thoroughly, maybe clean jets and such. Flush fuel lines and tank. Maybe replace the lines as they are probably hard and brittle and could be cracked. New fuel filter. Blow the air filter out and it should be alright. Then give her another try. If it's like any other small motor, spark fuel and air are the main things to shoot for. If it isn't getting one of those or it isn't getting one of them at the right time/amount, somethings up and will need a little bit of handy work