High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

8-TRACKS...WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST AND WHAT YEAR?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
7:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let’s crank this thing up!

A little back story on my old ass. Youngest of 11 children, six older brothers, four older sisters...born in ‘67. I couldn’t wait to cut grass after elementary school, 10 yrs old in ‘77, making scratch to earn a whopping $10, $15, $20 bucks maybe, a yard with a push mower, running around the neighborhood and blocks. I inherited most of my yards from my older brothers who passed the reigns down. Albeit my older brothers and sisters had all these 8-Tracks, I wanted my own.

I grew up kinda crazy with that crew of brothers and sisters...dope all around, around every corner, drinking cheap ass Schlitz Malt Liquors, Miller beer, nasty ass Ol’ Milwaukee, Black Label, cheap ass Old Crow liquor, Kool-Aid flavored mushroom juice. These were the days of Rorer 714 Quaaludes, hash, Micro-Dot acid, and every damn thing else.

Nonetheless, I survived.

My first 8-Track at 10 yrs old in ‘77...ZZTOP Fandango, then followed up with Skynyrd, BTO, Ted Nugent, Deep Purple, Mountain, Aerosmith, Mother’s Finest, REO, LRB, etc, etc, etc. The list simply kept growing as long as I could shine up with a little yard-cutting jingle in my pocket at the Music Emporium at a big Mall about four blocks from the house. It’s what I was raised on...and my kids, 29 and 22 now, appreciate fine rock and roll. I passed it along after all these years, in-grained this music in them, and they appreciate it.

And I’ve still got a helluva collection of albums and 8-Tracks after all these decades.

Let’s hear whatcha folks got...this will be an interesting thread. Let’s see whatcha listened to in your younger days. Everybody grew up different...

Last edited:

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Born in 63. My first 8 track was deep purple. I did all that stuff you mentioned, plus more. I'm only alive because the good Lord thought I was worth saving. Like the old song says, "he had to reach way down for me"

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Born in 63. My first 8 track was deep purple. I did all that stuff you mentioned, plus more. I'm only alive because the good Lord thought I was worth saving. Like the old song says, "he had to reach way down for me"

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Spot on brother...

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Born in 58.
I had a 77 suburban with an 8track/AM/FM/ CB radio combo in it.
Sold it 6 years ago, the 8 track still worked.
I still have Commander Cody and the lost planet airmen, Steppenwolf, Willie Nelson, Deep Purple, Moody Blues 8 tracks laying around.
About 100 cassette tapes that i recorded and 8' shelf of albums. about 200 CDs also.
Most all music is pre disco.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
4:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember my dad having them in his '70 Charger. Does that count?

My old man had a '78 Cheyenne 4x4 slab-side with the factory hi-po 350 and Hank Williams Sr., Charlie Daniels, Alabama, and Buck Owens in the 8-track player. He was
cutting timber then and he would pick us boys up in the early afternoons in the summer after he got done in the woods. We were either going fishing, going to cut hay, or
going to cut wood.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought my first 8-Track ZZTOP Fandango back in ‘77 for the kick-ass tunes... but one song stood out from all the most popular...Mexican Blackbird. That was bad *s-wordt!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s an 8 track? I grew up on cassette tapes and later cds. Alice in Chains, Tool, Charlie Daniels, Hinder, Green Day, Stone Sour, Hank Williams, all 3 of ‘em. Now I just use Spotify to find it all.
It was before your time young man...it’s all good.

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember when 8 tracks were the new thing. Windows down cruzin the back roads in the 66 Caprice jammin to the Doobie Brothers, BTO, the Stones Credence, the Doors, skynard, Queen. With the Kraco speakers distorting all to hell and a bottle of Boones Farm.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember when 8 tracks were the new thing. Windows down cruzin the back roads in the 66 Caprice jammin to the Doobie Brothers, BTO, the Stones Credence, the Doors, skynard, Queen. With the Kraco speakers distorting all to hell and a bottle of Boones Farm.
I heard that...

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many of you guys remember the tape jamming up and pulling the tape out and the big wad of crinkled up tape coming out with the cartridge so you hold the tape and toss the cartridge out the window and pull all the tape out of the cartridge?

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Inherited a stereo with the 8 track yfrom a older cousin. Boston, Molly Hatchet, Kiss,. He upgraded to a huge stereo system. He had a job in the Armco Steel mill in town. I thought he was the cats ass back then. New truck. Hot chicks . And a helluva gun collection

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
sorry-but-youre-officially-old-if-you-can-relate-to-these-30-photos-30.jpg