Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got to goof off up North today with a pair of fast 365 Specials, a fast MS461, a fast Solo 681, and stock Jonsered 2171 , Poulan Pro 445 and near stock Poulan Pro 415.
8x8 cants and 15" cottonwood, race chains, ground chains, filed chains, plenty of fun

We took a decent number of videos so hopefully you enjoy the *pretty boyery.

First two vids are the 365s going head to head same bar and chain in the 8x8

Later in the day we went head to head with the Poulan Pros - If anyone wonders how much difference the wood can make this video will make you laugh

more to come
Dave

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got to goof off up North today with a pair of fast 365 Specials, a fast MS461, a fast Solo 681, and stock Jonsered 2171 , Poulan Pro 445 and near stock Poulan Pro 415.
8x8 cants and 15" cottonwood, race chains, ground chains, filed chains, plenty of fun

We took a decent number of videos so hopefully you enjoy the *pretty boyery.

First two vids are the 365s going head to head same bar and chain in the 8x8

Later in the day we went head to head with the Poulan Pros - If anyone wonders how much difference the wood can make this video will make you laugh

more to come
Dave
So was this like the last hurrah before he moves?

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tested out a few Art Martin race chains for the first time and then after seeing how funny the stock saws were in a head to head cant race we decided to do it with full on race saws and chains :)
predictable results but still lots of fun

this chain was sharpened down past the witness marks and felt dull to the touch, it had run a lot of races before i got it

this chain is a work of art, there doesn't appear to be one stock surface on any cutter, tie strap, raker, drive link, etc
the rakers will come down just a tiny bit for running in short bar soft wood races

the race, I'm the guy with the fast saw and then the slow saw :risas3:

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tested Dallas' new grind the 1520 on a pair of saws in the 15" Cottonwood, an aggressive, fast cutting chain that will be right at home at a GTG near you, had on up to Michigan on the 19th or my place on the 11th to try it out :)
The sun washed the Jonny out a little and was so bright i couldn't see the screen to line up great for the Poulan Pro 415 but you can see what's goin on here :)
Jonsered 2171 cut a 5.0 and a 5.1
PP415 cut a 4.56 and a 4.87

Then because maniacs cant help themselves, the bark got peeled of the Cottonwood and we each took a pass with a full bore 365 Special race saw with race chain, we are such idiots.