661 question of the day !!!

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
6:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Folks,
I have a 661 that's kicking me arse. I've swapped almost all ignition parts and got the saw "running"...it screams at WOT but will not idle for me to "reset" the solenoid....

my question: Can the dealer "reset" the solenoid with the MD2 (or whatever the computer thingee is) without an "idling" saw.

its currently a "white" solenoid if that matters.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get a 390, 395, 660 or 9010. “Old school”. No electric carb. Problem solved. :)

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bah Humbug. Go post in the Hooskie treads...lol

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Folks,
I have a 661 that's kicking me arse. I've swapped almost all ignition parts and got the saw "running"...it screams at WOT but will not idle for me to "reset" the solenoid....

my question: Can the dealer "reset" the solenoid with the MD2 (or whatever the computer thingee is) without an "idling" saw.

Is it a new solenoid?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Folks,

Did you check the intake boot to make sure it's not all wonky inside?

Last edited:

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Folks,

What you care is not the solenoid color but the M tronic version. Actually v2 and v3 don’t need idle to reset.
Running high idle @90sec is done for v2
And 30sec and another 60wot for v3.

Already tried those?

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Folks,

Define “wont idle”.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Folks,

Pictures of the numbers on the coil ?

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Define “wont idle”.
On "Start" it will stumble for about 15 seconds then shuts off.
Will not restart until you wait a good "hour" then hold throttle wfo which it will let you do. Then will let you run as long as you hold throttle above "idle". Will let you cut as long as you do not try to let it "idle". Have held it WFO with/without chain/bar.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tried. Not successful. Never got it to "clear" or smooth out.

There are people waiting from you to write which version and which coil so they can help you though

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure what wonkey looks like. Looked similar to every other 1122 I worked on. Nothing looked strange "inside"
Should look like this Angelo, the earlier version has a bellows in the middle, and within the bellows are a couple of rubber stiffeners that can become dislodged and create some funny running characteristics.CE7B7AA9-B7EF-4520-A31F-7D68732141AC.jpeg

If you’d be so kind as to snatch a picture of the coil so I can see the numbers like so ....... 04958BFB-D025-436E-B31D-D024D5E04D0D.jpeg

We can see about getting her to idle !