High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

572xp oiler issues

okielumberjack

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If anyone is running a 572xp and running it hard, the open design of the clutch cover and oil pump housing/hose design lends itself to pitch build up. I discovered pitch had built up from under the oil pump discharge line,and caused an abrasive issue under the line which led to a lack of lubrication issue

okielumberjack

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You can see just below the square tab that chucks into the back of the oiler supply channel on the bar mount. It collected a abnormal amount of pitch,and created an abrasive point which led to the failure of the hose. This is a very low hour saw and still under warranty.

okielumberjack

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Every piece of equipment has its weaknesses, this saw has been flawless in all other aspects,just didn't expect an oiler issue

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
5:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every piece of equipment has its weaknesses, this saw has been flawless in all other aspects,just didn't expect an oiler issue
Might be possible to fill that void full of RTV when you put the pump and hose back in. A little bit messy next time, but it would prevent anything else from getting underneath there and riding on that hose

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Am going to guess she was leaking pretty bad by that point? Yeah I've used oil resistant sealant to hold these lines in before, if you remove all the oil with solvent it will hold really well.

okielumberjack

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The oil wasn't even reaching the bar. I have a really good dealer that i deal with on a regular basis there going to take care of it.