High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

572 autotune reset

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
8:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
updating the firmware might not be a bad idea. run it a bit and see if ut displays any bad tendencies. i have a 550 i did that is a MFr to start now cold and a serious *b-word when warm. gonna get it updated to see if it runs better after.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
updating the firmware might not be a bad idea. run it a bit and see if ut displays any bad tendencies. i have a 550 i did that is a MFr to start now cold and a serious *b-word when warm. gonna get it updated to see if it runs better after.
Those first gen autotune’s are quite a bit different animals than the 550mk2 and 572 autotune. They adjust a lot slower.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep us informed on how the update affects the saw and its starting issues. I recently did a couple full services on the companies 362c's, they had starting and idling issues. New fuel filter, plugs, and air filters along with a reset...out the door they went to work

Last edited:

TeaKay

I'm here now !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 572 should adjust very quickly to the new conditions. If the carb settings were way off when the saw burned down it may be a *b-word getting it back where it should be but it should get there if you can get it running. Normally when autotune saws burn down the carb settings are super rich to compensate for whatever the issue, but when the carb settings are max lean it's usually still dumping too much fuel and the saw stops running without burning up. If you needed a new top end there's a good chance the settings still in the carb were rich which would just make it a bear to get going and cutting but once it comes out of it you should be fine without a reset.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 572 should adjust very quickly to the new conditions. If the carb settings were way off when the saw burned down it may be a *b-word getting it back where it should be but it should get there if you can get it running. Normally when autotune saws burn down the carb settings are super rich to compensate for whatever the issue, but when the carb settings are max lean it's usually still dumping too much fuel and the saw stops running without burning up. If you needed a new top end there's a good chance the settings still in the carb were rich which would just make it a bear to get going and cutting but once it comes out of it you should be fine without a reset.
I've found the 572 is very quick at sorting any changes out including muffler modes and 105 octane fuel . I would just get out there and run it

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
5:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always check for and clear any codes.
I make sure and do a pressure test before tear down...

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Updates and resets are 2 different things. Don't think there are any firmware updates for the 572, or the 550M2.

But it's still always a good idea to plug them and do a fuel setting reset. Probably what Angelo's 550 needs. There are 2 resets possible: fuel settings and master reset. Only recommend the fuel settings be done. Master reset is a complete start over deal; maybe for rebuilding a crunched saw, but I never use that one myself.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@TreeLife what a bummer on such a beautiful saw.

@angelo c prior to my update on the MK1 and 562, I had the same work out on cold/hot on both saws, 6-10 pulls on cold before it popped. 3-5 pulls on hot restart.
After my Feb 2019 update, everything changed, max 3 pulls on cold before popping and 1-2 hot restarts on both saws. Also noticed a deeper richer sound which led me to believe the fuel mapping changed to ease starts/restarts.

Anyone on the MK1 and the 1st gen of 562s, one smart fellow expert member mentioned to stay off the decomp, AT will tend to over compensate and richen the mixture too much flooding the engine. This helped alot on hot restarts till I got the update.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@TreeLife what a bummer on such a beautiful saw.

@angelo c prior to my update on the MK1 and 562, I had the same work out on cold/hot on both saws, 6-10 pulls on cold before it popped. 3-5 pulls on hot restart.
After my Feb 2019 update, everything changed, max 3 pulls on cold before popping and 1-2 hot restarts on both saws. Also noticed a deeper richer sound which led me to believe the fuel mapping changed to ease starts/restarts.

Anyone on the MK1 and the 1st gen of 562s, one smart fellow expert member mentioned to stay off the decomp, AT will tend to over compensate and richen the mixture too much flooding the engine. This helped alot on hot restarts till I got the update.
awaiting its return from the shop...thx. sounds like great news