562xp pop up

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I just purchased another 562 thats got a little less compression than ide like to see. Im planning to keep it as a personal saw and ive purchased some small odds and ends to get it mechanically sound again (worm gear, clutch drum/break, starter). Im not wanting to throw a whole oem p/c at it but ide like to give er a comp boost.

Ideas i have:
BGD
Popup piston
New rings

my favorite is the popup. Any input on which may work best and which brand of popup possibly? Might end up doing rings and bgd

Sent from my ASUS_I005DA using Tapatalk

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t believe there’s room to delete the gasket without doing without some clearance work.
I’d try new rings first. If you still want more I’d have the cylinder cut or have the saw ported

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep the gasket and use the pop up. I ordered one from Amazon but they sent me a 550xp pop up. If your ordering from there make sure that the picture of the box/product matches the description.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just purchased another 562 thats got a little less compression than ide like to see. Im planning to keep it as a personal saw and ive purchased some small odds and ends to get it mechanically sound again (worm gear, clutch drum/break, starter). Im not wanting to throw a whole oem p/c at it but ide like to give er a comp boost.

Ideas i have:
BGD
Popup piston
New rings

my favorite is the popup. Any input on which may work best and which brand of popup possibly? Might end up doing rings and bgd

What compression are you getting? As Kevin said, you might want to throw a new ring on the piston and see what you get before getting in the hole.

JCMLAS0000

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Little Red Barn is the only pop up I could find out of a box. I put one in my saw with a Caber F cast ring and made a base gasket from 1/64" gasket material. With 1184 put it at .019".
Walt at afleetcommand has a great video about what he did on his out of the box pop up build.
afleetcommand / Husqvarna 562XP simple mods.
I removed the cylinder flange that partially blocks the lowers also as per his video. A noticable gain for sure.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What compression are you getting? As Kevin said, you might want to throw a new ring on the piston and see what you get before getting in the hole.
I was hitting about 123-125. Ive got a new ring ill put in when i get it cleaned up. Piston and cylinder had a little wear that i didnt like but ill see what it runs after a new ring

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was hitting about 123-125. Ive got a new ring ill put in when i get it cleaned up. Piston and cylinder had a little wear that i didnt like but ill see what it runs after a new ring

Run off five tanks worth of non synthetic mix oil before you decide. No need for super rich ratios. 40-1 should do it.

Tim's compression ring looked awful :confused:

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Threw the new ring in, tore down everything on the saw other than the case halves. Got everything cleaned and looking good, put it back together.

Saw started a little finiky, held it in wood for about 45 seconds and it started straightening itself out in the top end. Great power and very snappy again.

Only issue, it needs the idle tuned. When its sitting, chain spins pretty fast. Almost like a half turn out on the fuel screw.

So whats the idle issue. Is an air leak likely? Or do i need to reset carb? Kinda stumped on the ole electro carb deal

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Threw the new ring in, tore down everything on the saw other than the case halves. Got everything cleaned and looking good, put it back together.

Saw started a little finiky, held it in wood for about 45 seconds and it started straightening itself out in the top end. Great power and very snappy again.

Only issue, it needs the idle tuned. When its sitting, chain spins pretty fast. Almost like a half turn out on the fuel screw.

So whats the idle issue. Is an air leak likely? Or do i need to reset carb? Kinda stumped on the ole electro carb deal

Bad clutch springs?

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got this saw put back together, rings, clutch, drum, bearings, filters. Good deep clean. Has good compression now and I ran it a bit. Tore it back down to do a leakdown and another deep clean. Passed the leakdown but I'm thinking I didnt get the flywheel torqued down good enough. Ran good for about half a tank, started acting funny and now it won't run at all. Hoping it's just misaligned flywheel but I haven't picked it up to look over it in months

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Slipped flywheel will cause all sorts of issues. Instant fluffing was one I never understood how it could cause it.

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah ive had a few issues with not tightening flywheels. I never really realized the importance of propper tooling till i had a few 660 ft kits sling apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk