562xp bar oiler help :-

dangerousatom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate to ask this question but im at a loss with out just throwing parts at this now. Is there anyway to increase oil pressure or output on the pump? My saw is new ( 5-6 tanks of gas ) bought last year during HD supply's big sale. It runs great, but has all the standard issues ....hot start, fuel bubbling, ect. I vented the cover and gutted the muffler along with slotting the oil hole in the bar.

My issue is im not getting enough oil on the 24" bar cutting PA assorted hardwood/firewood. Im averaging 3/4 tank of oil to full tank of fuel, but my chain is getting cooked and the bar is burning off the paint. At the moment ill be killing-burning up a chain every cord of wood, and thats with keeping it sharp. The oiler is turned up to highest output and I do have oil moving along with it pushing oil while running without bar installed but its not even getting to the tip. I dont expect it to be an oil pig like my 55rancher but its way too dry :-(

I orders a used oil pump on ebay just to see if it makes a change, thinking maybe the pump is just factory "bad" but i doubt it

Thanks for any help

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would make sure the used pump is the right one. The new ones have different pump/worm wheels.

Husky268

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The pump is adjustable turn it upside down the adjuster is at the chain cover and has three positions.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What brand bar are you running and what do you mean by you slotted the oil hole?

dangerousatom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
-Used pump ( black new gen ) was $30 shipped, no plastic worm gear. I really only got it to just see if it made a change at all.
-The pumps is turned up to 3rd level max output
-Cross 24”bar 3/8chain
-slotted hole…..it’s now an oval 1/8 up/down x 1/4 front/back, and it’s still flat on edges as to not catch chips easily.

I’m using cheap Tractor Supply bar oil, I’m about to try thing it with kerosene to see if that helps.

i assumed the saw would be all updated parts since it’s only 18 months old:nusenuse:

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is stingy also, and I'm only running a 20" bar. I definitely want to try and get a little more down the bar if there is an oiler mod.

dangerousatom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya Ive read on many a forum that the new 562xp and higher modes are a bit light on the oil with a longer bar, but you would think Husky would make the oiler setting suit a 20-28" with the 3 positions...?....if its the pump-system. Id be happy with a thumb pump oiler like old saws used to have before wrecking a chain

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya Ive read on many a forum that the new 562xp and higher modes are a bit light on the oil with a longer bar, but you would think Husky would make the oiler setting suit a 20-28" with the 3 positions...?....if its the pump-system. Id be happy with a thumb pump oiler like old saws used to have before wrecking a chain

That’s interesting our early ones oil a 32 decent in super dusty Doug fir we always ram them in full open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
-Used pump ( black new gen ) was $30 shipped, no plastic worm gear. I really only got it to just see if it made a change at all.
-The pumps is turned up to 3rd level max output
-Cross 24”bar 3/8chain
-slotted hole…..it’s now an oval 1/8 up/down x 1/4 front/back, and it’s still flat on edges as to not catch chips easily.

I’m using cheap Tractor Supply bar oil, I’m about to try thing it with kerosene to see if that helps.

i assumed the saw would be all updated parts since it’s only 18 months old:nusenuse:
Slotting the bar oil hole has more of an adverse effect on output if the oiler is already a bit stingy. Your reducing oil pressure with the larger hole making it more likely to clog with chips or oil poorly. Tractor supply oil doesn’t help things either. It’s good in the summer but in the winter it turns to molasses and flows slowly. I cut it with a little diesel on real cold days. The real fix is to get winter weight oil if your doing a lot of cold weather cutting.

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 2021 562xp oiler worm wheel failed . I noticed it was a different part # then my 2020 and 2018 562xps . As huskyboy said , make sure you have the correct worm wheel for your oil pump .

dangerousatom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it would seem that TS bar oil is a bit too thick, I thinned it with about 8oz of diesel to a gallon and it’s running fine now. But I still don’t think it’s pumping enough as it’s set at highest output and still only barely oiling the bar.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it would seem that TS bar oil is a bit too thick, I thinned it with about 8oz of diesel to a gallon and it’s running fine now. But I still don’t think it’s pumping enough as it’s set at highest output and still only barely oiling the bar.

Sure you're at the max setting and not the minimum? It can be confusing.